The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Right wingers flip their crap in 3..2

Satan's Evil Twin

Insane. I consider myself pretty liberal in most cases, but when it comes to prisoners who have murdered and done terrible crimes, I support sticking them in cells with just a cot and a toilet for the duration of their sentence. They shouldn't be pampered to such a degree.

The fact that three rooms will be his world for the rest of his life is either lost on some people, or it's really not that big of a deal compared to having a nice chair.

Personally, I think the fact Norway does this for their prisoners shows how much better off they are than us. We're slashing science budgets, they're accommodating a mass murderer.

That might be well and good with people that are stealing because of a substance abuse program but is there really and hope/point in rehabilitating an unrepentant politically driven murderer?

Makes me wonder if he can spend his time writing books about the evils of immigration from in his cell perhaps he will make a new best seller that will make the leftists even MORE upset.

The fact that three rooms will be his world for the rest of his life is either lost on some people, or it's really not that big of a deal compared to having a nice chair.

Personally, I think the fact Norway does this for their prisoners shows how much better off they are than us. We're slashing science budgets, they're accommodating a mass murderer.

I would say their complete lack of national debt and massive savings account shows how much better off they are. It's too bad our country was put up to it's neck in debt before most of us got to voting age and has a spending/tax system that is completely unsustainable as is let alone what's going to happen when all the baby boomers start retiring, stop paying taxs, start collecting pensions, and begin accessing our high price medical system more and more.

Apparently massive development in the Tar Sands will solve all our problems .. our National debt MUST be an on-going priority while maintaining a social safety net .. all current National political parties are too narrowly focused to deal with this IMO .. a melding of Liberal-NDP policies may be the only way, but then the TO Liberal machine would be involved .. :sadno:

Well I don't think that will happen lets look at some numbers.

Canada 30 million or so

Norway 6 million or so

Canada Oil exports - 1,929,000

Norway Oil exports - 2,150,000

Canada Oil Imports - 1,088,000

Norway Oil Imports - 118,200

Net Canada Exports - 841,000

Net Norway Exports - 2032,000

Net Canada Exports be capita (barrels per day per million people) 28,033

Net Norway Export per capita (barrels per day per million people) 338,666

In other words, for every person we have they are exporting more than ten times as much oil. No freaking wonder they have more money!

Oh, and FYI the way we should be doing it is a melding of liberal policies with liberal policies mixed with a bit of common sense (such as eliminating the idea of trying to rehabiliate people like this).

Well I don't think that will happen lets look at some numbers.

Canada 30 million or so

Norway 6 million or so

Canada Oil exports - 1,929,000

Norway Oil exports - 2,150,000

Canada Oil Imports - 1,088,000

Norway Oil Imports - 118,200

Net Canada Exports - 841,000

Net Norway Exports - 2032,000

Net Canada Exports be capita (barrels per day per million people) 28,033

Net Norway Export per capita (barrels per day per million people) 338,666

In other words, for every person we have they are exporting more than ten times as much oil. No freaking wonder they have more money!

Oh, and FYI the way we should be doing it is a melding of liberal policies with liberal policies mixed with a bit of common sense (such as eliminating the idea of trying to rehabiliate people like this).

Archived