The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Right wingers flip their crap in 3..2

Satan's Evil Twin

I see absolutely no reason for that, except to satisfy some kind of misguided sense of revenge.

Can you explain why you aren't arguing for just killing him? If he doesn't deserve this level of comfort, why does he deserve a bed? A toilet? A decent meal? Why shouldn't he be thrown into a dungeon with no light and be fed rotten fish? What is an acceptable level of comfort in your opinion?

Wow, its like bieng trapped in a college dorm... for the rest of your life.

I think a lot of these criminals grew up in crappy/messy/abusive homes. Changing their surroundings and living area could help them rehabilitate into better humans. If their is proven science to this and it makes the world and peoples lives a better place, then by all means, give them what they need to get better.

I see absolutely no reason for that, except to satisfy some kind of misguided sense of revenge.

Can you explain why you aren't arguing for just killing him? If he doesn't deserve this level of comfort, why does he deserve a bed? A toilet? A decent meal? Why shouldn't he be thrown into a dungeon with no light and be fed rotten fish? What is an acceptable level of comfort in your opinion?

Normally, Ron and I see pretty much eye to eye on this sort of thing. However, in this case I agree with you.

The Norwegians have a different idea than we do of how inmates should be treated. From what I have heard and read, they have a much better record of rehabilitating convicted criminals than we North Americans do, so who are we to criticize?

While it's obvious that there can be no "rehabilitation" for Brevik, I see no reason to create a special environment for him, just to satisfy our collective sense of moral outrage.

That might be well and good with people that are stealing because of a substance abuse program but is there really and hope/point in rehabilitating an unrepentant politically driven murderer?

Makes me wonder if he can spend his time writing books about the evils of immigration from in his cell perhaps he will make a new best seller that will make the leftists even MORE upset.

The only reason Russian system isn't so... bad is because you can buy your way out. If not, you're going away for 7-10 for having marijuana residue on your lighter. Or it's $1000, what my friend had to pay. Twice. Helps if you are acquainted with a senior officer.

Archived