The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Article: NHL wants to get rid of diving

Peaches

For those that did not read the article just a quick review, it's the NHL players who are making a strong push for this and not the league. Also Kevin Bieksa is on the panel that made the presentation for the players.

I think this is a great idea by the players. The NHL can review video after a game and make proper judgements. If it's a legit dive the player gets called out to answer for it to his peers.

I'm not a big fan of all the diving. If I want to watch soccer I would do so. I enjoy watching some good Canadian hockey.

For those that did not read the article just a quick review, it's the NHL players who are making a strong push for this and not the league. Also Kevin Bieksa is on the panel that made the presentation for the players.

I think this is a great idea by the players. The NHL can review video after a game and make proper judgements. If it's a legit dive the player gets called out to answer for it to his peers.

I'm not a big fan of all the diving. If I want to watch soccer I would do so. I enjoy watching some good Canadian hockey.

This is ALL very easy to do. Let the refs do their job. Call what they see and how they see it.

AFTER the game, the NHL reviews it and can hand out fines for diving and fines for fouls not caught by the refs.

If the player keeps diving then the fines become bigger and eventually even suspension.

If the player disagrees they can appeal.

Archived