The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] Luongo traded?

hdcanucks

If someone interrested,

A rumor website post on twitter than a trade with Panthers for luongo have been possibly made...

Still rumors but it's from a sometime credible website (french only).

http://www.danslescoulisses.com/site/sources/dlc/3083-roberto-luongo-echange-aux-panthers.html

https://twitter.com/...h?q=DLCoulisses

- Yeah wrong thread my bad... i'm out of here

If it's true, why would we want Theodore when we have Lack? But I guess it's ok since he is only under contract for 1 more year and also has a very low cap hit of 1.5 million. I would let Lack and Theodore battle for the back role in training camp. If this is the best we can get then so be it. Let's just move on.

Quick thought, why are so many teams that need goal tending not pushing for a proven leader like Luongo?

If it's true, why would we want Theodore when we have Lack? But I guess it's ok since he is only under contract for 1 more year and also has a very low cap hit of 1.5 million. I would let Lack and Theodore battle for the back role in training camp. If this is the best we can get then so be it. Let's just move on.

Quick thought, why are so many teams that need goal tending not pushing for a proven leader like Luongo?

IMO the Lu trade will go down right before Doan signs with us (if he does). The return for Lu will be smaller if we are temp over the cap thereby forcing us to trade him to be cap compliant.

If the Lu trade is in fact correct and it is announced, I feel there is a good chance that a Doan signing announcement will follow quickly

Archived