The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[rumor] Luongo traded?

hdcanucks

Im thinking that because of Luongo's age, missing a year might be a big deal to a team trying to trade for him.

Just a guess at this point, but perhaps they already made a trade long ago and are waiting to see if they sign or extend a new CBA so luongo will play this year.

I'm a big Canucks fan who lives in Montreal and I visit that website on a daily basis. It is NOT a website like Eklund. They are very knowledgeable and don't normally just shoot rumors out there with no good information. I would say they are 50/50 in their "rumors" which is a hell of a lot better than Eklund who is at 0.5% :).

They called the Bourque VS Camalleri trade more than a month in advance. They had been saying that discussions between Calgary and Montreal regarding that trade had been happening and sure enough after Camalleri said something bad in an interview, less than 24 hours later the Habs pulled off that EXACT trade. That site was also first with the news of Jacques Martin's firing. They seem to have some very reliable sources and their articles are always very good.

Here's the exact translation from the story:

A really good source just contacted me.

According to that source, Roberto Luongo has apparently been traded (finally) to the Florida Panthers.

The trade has not been announced publicly because the player from the Panthers has not been told yet...

As such, it seems to be a player and not just a draft pick that will go to Vancouver.

All bets are off: Are José Théodore and/or Nick Bjugstad part of this trade?

A market like Florida should allow Luongo to reach his high level of excellence again. #LessPressure

I'm a big Canucks fan who lives in Montreal and I visit that website on a daily basis. It is NOT a website like Eklund. They are very knowledgeable and don't normally just shoot rumors out there with no good information. I would say they are 50/50 in their "rumors" which is a hell of a lot better than Eklund who is at 0.5% :).

They called the Bourque VS Camalleri trade more than a month in advance. They had been saying that discussions between Calgary and Montreal regarding that trade had been happening and sure enough after Camalleri said something bad in an interview, less than 24 hours later the Habs pulled off that EXACT trade. That site was also first with the news of Jacques Martin's firing. They seem to have some very reliable sources and their articles are always very good.

Here's the exact translation from the story:

A really good source just contacted me.

According to that source, Roberto Luongo has apparently been traded (finally) to the Florida Panthers.

The trade has not been announced publicly because the player from the Panthers has not been told yet...

As such, it seems to be a player and not just a draft pick that will go to Vancouver.

All bets are off: Are José Théodore and/or Nick Bjugstad part of this trade?

A market like Florida should allow Luongo to reach his high level of excellence again. #LessPressure

Archived