The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What was the most inappropriate time you couldn't control your laughter.

Caboose

Elementary school remembrance day assembly.

The presenter was making some speech about the horrors of war when a mouse runs past her on stage. She stopped in the middle of her speech, screamed, and ran out of the gym.

I was suspended from school for a day because I couldn't control my guffaws.

Beyond me how nobody else laughed.

Getting in trouble from the principal (in Elementary School) for something that I obviously found humorous, and when she phoned my parents and told them what I had done I burst into laughter. She was not amused.

Also laughing during a forced apology speech in High School, it wasn't my fault I wasn't sorry and it was funny.

My uncle's funeral.

This lady was crying but it sounded like a witch's cackle or something. It was really funny so my cousins and I started laughing and there's actually a picture of the 3 of us cracking up right as the casket is passing in front of us :blush:

Getting in trouble from the principal (in Elementary School) for something that I obviously found humorous, and when she phoned my parents and told them what I had done I burst into laughter. She was not amused.

Also laughing during a forced apology speech in High School, it wasn't my fault I wasn't sorry and it was funny.

Guest Gumballthechewy

My uncle's funeral.

This lady was crying but it sounded like a witch's cackle or something. It was really funny so my cousins and I started laughing and there's actually a picture of the 3 of us cracking up right as the casket is passing in front of us :blush:

Guest BuckFoston

Was maybe 10 back in the motherland and there was this annoying kid at school whose dad just bought him a pair of Nikes that no one else had or could even get unless they travelled abroad. So the whole week he was showing off like an a-hole and then during gym class we were doing laps around the school and at one point he was bragging about his damn shoes again and slopped right into the biggest, juiciest most vile pile of dog crap I've ever seen. I was on the ground in tears.

Grade 7 during a biology lesson. The teacher was using this model of a torso where all the human organs were different colors and could be removed then popped back on. Sort of a torso version of Mr. Potato Head. So he pops off the heart, explains what it does then passes it around so we can all get a good look.

Pops off the spleen, explains the function and passes it around. Eventually he gets to the colon, pops if off and explains the function and passes it around. It makes it's way to the girl in front of me. She starts giggling a bit. When she turns around to pass it to me she makes sure I notice that for some reason the colon is packed solid with brown material and even takes her index finger and taps on it loudly.

Well that was it. We both burst out laughing. The entire class is now staring at us. Couldn't get a hold of ourselves for a good ten minutes.

At a wedding.....flower girl picked her nose and wiped it on the bride's dress because she didn't have anywhere else to wipe it and didn't want to wipe it on her own.

I started laughing during the groom's vows. I had to explain later, of course. He laughed harder than I did. We never told the bride, but I look for the booger every now and then when I'm over at their place and looking at the wedding pics on the mantle place.

There were two......

The first was my confirmation......church packed........the 10th Primate of the Anglican church dude (the biggest cheese in the hierarchy) was conducting the service. (Somehow we rated his presence) My mom was also being confirmed at the same time and has terrible allergies to flowers. Well being a very solemn and serious ceremony, the church was full of flowers. We (the little confirmees) were seated right below the pulpit which was loaded with fresh flowers..roses, chrysanthemums.......a veritable cornucopia of smelly flowers... and my mom started sneezing.......as the Right Reverend Ted Scott droned on...and on......and on..... Never having been the well-behaved devotee during a years worth of classes, I started giggling........at which point my mom started.......then the rest of the kids in the afore-mentioned class......it was pretty much a laughfest by the time we got our wafers and wine..........under the disapproving eye of Reverend Scott, the resident minister and the congregation.... I was always 'that girl who ruined confirmation in 19--' after that.......which was no big deal as I was only there for the wine, anyway...... :lol:

The second was my grandmother's funeral.........we'd been playing Trivial Pursuit the night before her funeral, the entire family around the table and it was a great time, plenty of laughter, wine, the kind of evening my grandmother loved when she was alive. At the funeral, her coffin was placed right in front of is in the chapel and it looked like an alter, covered with a beautiful lace cloth, flowers and candles. My sister kept looking around wondering where my grandmother was and finally asked me. Being the very flippant one and black humour oriented, I whipped back the answer in the form of a Trivial Pursuit question,,,,,,,and that was it. We kept doing it all through the service and had to stifle the laughs the more ridiculous the questions got.....the funny thing is, my grandmother would have loved it and been contributing to the mayhem if she'd been there in live form. They don't call my sister and I 'The Twisted Sisters' for nothing........ but we must have done a good job in the 'mourning' department as everyone thought we were breaking down in the chapel.

:blush:

During my friends Bar Miztva service thing in the synagouge, we found one of those really big black paper clips things, and we were putting it on our fingers and stuff to see how long we could hold it. Then during the part where my friend was reading from the Torah my friend Sasha put it on his nipple and after a good minuete let out this little squeal, and all 5 of us bust out laughing.

Not mine but my wife has a bad habit of laughing at inappropriate times

While she was studying to be a teacher in one of her classes they were have a very serious conversation about bullying in schools when the prof mentioned 'kick a ginger' day. She never heard about that term before and burst out laughing. As a redhead myself I wasn't too impressed when she told me that story :)

There were two......

The first was my confirmation......church packed........the 10th Primate of the Anglican church dude (the biggest cheese in the hierarchy) was conducting the service. (Somehow we rated his presence) My mom was also being confirmed at the same time and has terrible allergies to flowers. Well being a very solemn and serious ceremony, the church was full of flowers. We (the little confirmees) were seated right below the pulpit which was loaded with fresh flowers..roses, chrysanthemums.......a veritable cornucopia of smelly flowers... and my mom started sneezing.......as the Right Reverend Ted Scott droned on...and on......and on..... Never having been the well-behaved devotee during a years worth of classes, I started giggling........at which point my mom started.......then the rest of the kids in the afore-mentioned class......it was pretty much a laughfest by the time we got our wafers and wine..........under the disapproving eye of Reverend Scott, the resident minister and the congregation.... I was always 'that girl who ruined confirmation in 19--' after that.......which was no big deal as I was only there for the wine, anyway...... :lol:

The second was my grandmother's funeral.........we'd been playing Trivial Pursuit the night before her funeral, the entire family around the table and it was a great time, plenty of laughter, wine, the kind of evening my grandmother loved when she was alive. At the funeral, her coffin was placed right in front of is in the chapel and it looked like an alter, covered with a beautiful lace cloth, flowers and candles. My sister kept looking around wondering where my grandmother was and finally asked me. Being the very flippant one and black humour oriented, I whipped back the answer in the form of a Trivial Pursuit question,,,,,,,and that was it. We kept doing it all through the service and had to stifle the laughs the more ridiculous the questions got.....the funny thing is, my grandmother would have loved it and been contributing to the mayhem if she'd been there in live form. They don't call my sister and I 'The Twisted Sisters' for nothing........ but we must have done a good job in the 'mourning' department as everyone thought we were breaking down in the chapel.

:blush:

Archived