The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian and Company - The Lock Out

Samuel Påhlsson

If the September 15th deadline passes and NHL begins another lock out, then I think it is safe to say Zack Kassian will be playing for the Wolves. Now a lock out in general is bad news because there is no Canucks hockey. But for Zack Kassian it might be just what he needs for his development. After all a full AHL season couldn't hurt where he will likely get top line minutes and 1st unit powerplay time. Last season he was great for Rochester posting 15 goals in 30 games. This might help Jordan Schroeder as well who would likely see another full season in the A. Schroeder has never really had a big power forward on his line while playing in the AHL and I think a line of Sweatt - Schroeder - Kassian would be very effective. So my question is do you like the idea of maybe some of our more ready prospects like Kassian, Schroeder, Lack spending another season in the AHL or would you rather see them in the NHL if there isn't a lock out.

Discuss...

I wanna see Kassian in the NHL for sure if there isn't a lockout.

I think he would be very good in the AHL if there was but NHL for sure.

As for the other's I would like to see Lack backup Schneider and I want Schroeder to be given a good opportunity at a spot with the big team.

But for me the most important thing is whats best for the player, if they would benfit more from another year in the AHL or for making that jump finally to a full time or even "part time" NHL spot then that's what I think we should do.

If the players are ready for the NHL, then they should play there. If they need more development, then that's what they'll get. Schroeder will likely stay in the AHL next season anyway after Kesler comes back. If Kassian struggles, I doubt AV will make him the next Niederreiter.

I also think that Lack could use another year down in the AHL. Even his agent said so himself. So if there is a season next year, I can see him in the AHL.

Can wait to see what Kassian evenutally brings to this team

A lock out will be good for Kass and Shredder and Eddie.

Of course,the owners will get what they want and the players have to do their best and the fans will be left in the lurch yet again.

I wish I could watch some European or Russian hockey,sometimes.

Archived