The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Win and Van-Tor or Van-Win and Van-NYI

So basically i'm putting up two trade scenarios and wondering which you think would be the better one.... If not either then idk flame if you want i really don't care.

To Van:

E.Kane

To Win:

Kesler

To Van:

Ryan Strome,3rd (2013)

To NYI:

Schnieder,Raymond

Sedin Sedin Kane

Booth Strome Burrows

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Malhota Lappy Kassian

Hamuis Bieksa

Edler Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Alberts

Luongo

Lack

Or

To Van:

E.Kane

To Win:

Edler,3rd (2013)

To Van:

Colborne,rights to Cody Franson, 1st (2013)

To Tor:

Luongo, Raymond

Sign Ellis 1 year 1 m

Sedin Sedin Kane

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Colborne Hansen

Malhotra Lappy Kassian

Hamuis Bieksa

Franson Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Alberts

Schnieder

Ellis

The first trade with Winnipeg is the most realistic proposal that I have seen involving Kane/WPG. Thank you.

The Jets are not rich in goal-scorers, so we would presumably need someone to replace those goals. Kesler would also fill a need at center. Then again, this would just open a hole at LW.

Deal 1:

Kesler was my suggestion early on this summer (I had some extra pieces involved too, Rodin and Burmistrov). Now, his NTC has kicked in so he'd have to waive it, and Winnipeg has already picked up Jokinen to try and get a true #1 center. Kesler having another off-season surgery doesn't help, although him being a fan favourite from his days as a Moose might.

Strome is going to be a very good player, but I'm not sure he's ready this year to be a #2 center on a contending team. He might well be, but it's a bit of a risk.

Deal 2:

I doubt we move Edler without getting a D of a similar calibre back. Franson is not that guy, so we'd be relying on Ballard to step up his production along with Franson's added points to replace all of Edler's. I don't know that Toronto would give that much for Luongo either.

Value overall for both deals is better than what I've seen from your other proposals though.

So basically i'm putting up two trade scenarios and wondering which you think would be the better one.... If not either then idk flame if you want i really don't care.

To Van:

E.Kane

To Win:

Kesler

To Van:

Ryan Strome,3rd (2013)

To NYI:

Schnieder,Raymond

Sedin Sedin Kane

Booth Strome Burrows

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Malhota Lappy Kassian

Hamuis Bieksa

Edler Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Alberts

Luongo

Lack

Or

To Van:

E.Kane

To Win:

Edler,3rd (2013)

To Van:

Colborne,rights to Cody Franson, 1st (2013)

To Tor:

Luongo, Raymond

Sign Ellis 1 year 1 m

Sedin Sedin Kane

Booth Kesler Burrows

Higgins Colborne Hansen

Malhotra Lappy Kassian

Hamuis Bieksa

Franson Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Alberts

Schnieder

Ellis

Deal 1:

Kesler was my suggestion early on this summer (I had some extra pieces involved too, Rodin and Burmistrov). Now, his NTC has kicked in so he'd have to waive it, and Winnipeg has already picked up Jokinen to try and get a true #1 center. Kesler having another off-season surgery doesn't help, although him being a fan favourite from his days as a Moose might.

Strome is going to be a very good player, but I'm not sure he's ready this year to be a #2 center on a contending team. He might well be, but it's a bit of a risk.

Deal 2:

I doubt we move Edler without getting a D of a similar calibre back. Franson is not that guy, so we'd be relying on Ballard to step up his production along with Franson's added points to replace all of Edler's. I don't know that Toronto would give that much for Luongo either.

Value overall for both deals is better than what I've seen from your other proposals though.

I agree completly the problem with Edler right now is he is a UFa next season and he wants a lot of Money.... If we could get Evander Kane out of him instead of having a chance of losing him i would certaintly do it... Kane is the perfect line mate for the Sedins he is a big bodied talented foward who will stick up for them plus imagen how hard he would work to bring his home town that he dreamed of playing for his first stanely cup. now with the franson thing i'm trying to be realistic we would more than likely not be able to get Kulikov and i think Burke would pull the trigger on this deal sinc A Frason wants out and B he already offered us Colborne and a 1st for Luongo

He is a UFA next season but they're also already negotiating an extension. He'll get a raise, but 'lots of Money' is a little vague and there's nothing to suggest he's asking for more than he's worth or that we're willing to give. We'd have to sign Kane to $5M+ long term anyways, so it won't be much different than what we'd be offering Edler. He likes it here, and I don't see why he'd want to leave.

As far as Franson, I haven't seen anything to say he wants out of Toronto either. He's a reasonable defenceman, good all around skills, has size (but doesn't use it enough), but he's not a 40-50 point guy. It's asking too much of our D to let Erhoff go when he wanted too much and asking our remaining D to pick up the slack, and then to do it all over again with Edler and hope we still get the same levels of production.

Archived