The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing) Linus Omark to Switzerland

Pears

No surprise, Omark spoke to this last year, he seemed to think he deserved to play in the NHL instead of earning it first.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/hockeynews/hockey/player-pn.cgi?6437

2011/11/05: Linus Omark has an out clause in his contract that would allow him to return to Europe if he's not in the NHL. And at this time he's not as Omark was sent to the AHL on Wednesday. "I want to play (in the) NHL and if no one lets me do that then I'm going to go to Europe," Omark said to Tyson Gibbons of PuckLife magazine on Friday. "I take it one day at a time and we'll see after that." Coach Tom Renney wants Omark to see some game action as he has been a healthy scratch five times this season. Look for Omark to hang around a week or two but if he's not back shortly, it will be off to Europe.

He's still OIler property. That being said, if you can't crack oilers top 6, let alone top their top 9, you don't deserve to be in the NHL. Of his sake, he's still young, he needs to develope.

"I want to play (in the) NHL and if no one lets me do that then I'm going to go to Europe,"

That's just B.S if you ask me. If so, I hope they get rid of him.

He had all like but one good NHL game and it was against the Canucks.

I've thought Omark was a joke for quite a while. He's a youtube sensation that can put up points in Europe. Let him go back and be a star. He has 3 goals and 30 points in 65 NHL games...but 2 of those goals and 9 of those points came in a 12 game hot streak he had at the end of 2010-11 season when the games meant nothing.

So outside of those 12 games he has 1 goal/21 points in 53 games. That's a 2 goal/32 point pace. He's also a huge liability when he doesn't have the puck. Easily one of the most one dimensional players I've seen play for the Oilers in some time....but he wanted ice time over Hall, Eberle, Hemsky, Paajarvi and Hartikainen.

Archived