The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

General Hockey Questions

Rate this topic

It was pinned for a long time so I guess once it was unpinned, it just kept slipping further and further back in the thread list for General Hockey Discussion. The last 2 posts were in February and then it skips back to April 2011 after that. It was pretty forgotten about. Thus the number of one question threads that have popped up recently.

Yeah, I still remember it being pinned for some time.

^that's not a hockey question. Save it for the right thread bub

The result would be all bench minors assessed to the team but the other bench minors other than too many men are so rarely called that the result would probably consist of only too many men PIM.

yeah I know I'm just being a smart ass

Edited by GodzillaDeuce

Under the current CBA, bonuses still count toward the cap. So if a team wanted to sign that player for 1 year 7 million w/ 6 million in bonuses, the cap would still be 7 million.

Something I'm not sure of is if the contract is 5 years, for example, w/ a signing bonus of 6 million, is that 6 million paid out all at once, or over the length of the contract?

Anybody with an answer to this? So if it's a 5 year $35 million contract w/ a $6 million signing bonus, is the bonus paid out right away or is the 6 million spread out along the length of the contract.

Common sense would lead you to think it's paid out right away but a thread on HF boards I read implied otherwise.

When was the last time Canucks scored over 8 goals in a game?

I remember them scoring 8 goals against the Islanders some years back.

http://canucks.nhl.c...2012&gameType=2

I used this to briefly scan over our 'Goals For' for every game from last season back to 1997-1998. I may have missed something but I didn't see any 9 goals or more games going back a decade and a half. There were a handful of 8 goal games in the last 15 years with some more recent than the one against the Islanders (which I found several years back in the list), and probably more 7 goal games than you'd expect but I didn't see any at least 9 goal games going back 15 years.

Edit: Does anyone know how signing bonus' are paid out in the case of multi year contracts? All at once or spread out?

Edited by Where's Wellwood

http://canucks.nhl.c...2012&gameType=2

I used this to briefly scan over our 'Goals For' for every game from last season back to 1997-1998. I may have missed something but I didn't see any 9 goals or more games going back a decade and a half. There were a handful of 8 goal games in the last 15 years with some more recent than the one against the Islanders (which I found several years back in the list), and probably more 7 goal games than you'd expect but I didn't see any at least 9 goal games going back 15 years.

Edit: Does anyone know how signing bonus' are paid out in the case of multi year contracts? All at once or spread out?

Paid out immediately, but spread out in regards to caphit of course.

When was the last time Canucks scored over 8 goals in a game?

I remember them scoring 8 goals against the Islanders some years back.

To answer your question:

On November 14, 2009 we scored 8 goals vs. Colorado in an 8-2 win.

Henrik had a hat-trick

Bernier had 2 goals

Hansen, Glass, and Matthieu Schneider all also had one.

http://canucks.nhl.c...m?id=2009020279

EDIT: Just realized you said more than 8 goals... Research commencing.

EDIT2: Found it using the Vancouver Canucks Media guide from 2010-11 book. Way back on January 6, 1996 we beat the Tampa Bay Lightning 9-2.

Edited by ajhockey

To answer your question:

On November 14, 2009 we scored 8 goals vs. Colorado in an 8-2 win.

Henrik had a hat-trick

Bernier had 2 goals

Hansen, Glass, and Matthieu Schneider all also had one.

http://canucks.nhl.c...m?id=2009020279

EDIT: Just realized you said more than 8 goals... Research commencing.

Yeah I meant over 8 goals.

Also, I remember that 'Avs game. Hard to believe it's been 3 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

Who do you think the weakest player physically in the NHL is?

Hmm. Nathan Gerbe is the shortest at 5'5".

The lightest is apparently Steve Sullivan. He's between 155-160 pounds.

Not sure if either would be the 'weakest' though.