The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Edler,Hansen and a first

TACIC

Well given that in the land of CDC Ballard, Raymond, and a 1st gets you Crosby I would say this has to get you Crosby, Malkin, and Letang lol :lol:

But seriously, this might be enough to get a star player like Shea Weber.

An impact player for sure, and I hope GMMG would consider this. Kassian needs more ice time so moving Hansen would be ideal, and Edler apparently wants a raise out of our salary window.

I'd say E. Kane or someone as valuable.

The problem with Edler is that he's 1 year away from being a UFA. That won't attract many teams at all really unless he's locked up long term, and I don't think this could be a Jordan Staal situation where there was basically a guarantee that he would extend his contract with his brother in Carolina.

First tell me why we are trading an all star defender, a solid role player who adds speed and tenacity to our line up AND a first?

But I will stab at it.

Trades are made from depth to solve problems > so I could see Hansen going. But if we traded Edler, we need (in reality) a better defender back (or at least one that will likely develop into one). Yeah we have Ballard as depth, but he's not as good. And we are rated 2knd last in prospects and have a core that's ageing. So we also need depth in picks, its not a commodity for us. Adding a first, your giving up an awful lot!

And Edler is signed for only a year, then UFA so he's risky and therefore not even as much value as his play warrants. So big money teams with cap space and a track record for recruiting and signing guys, or perhaps a win now contender are your market. Your market is NY (who does not need D), Philly, Buffalo and maybe Montreal if they will spend with their new GM ???

If Montreal would give us Subban I might do it? Its about the right value. Sure we would love Courtier from Philly, but I would not bite as we would not be as good a team without Edler. And they CANNOT afford to give us a good defender.

In reality, that we really cant afford to give up Edler or a first keeps coming back?

First tell me why we are trading an all star defender, a solid role player who adds speed and tenacity to our line up AND a first?

But I will stab at it.

Trades are made from depth to solve problems > so I could see Hansen going. But if we traded Edler, we need (in reality) a better defender back (or at least one that will likely develop into one). Yeah we have Ballard as depth, but he's not as good. And we are rated 2knd last in prospects and have a core that's ageing. So we also need depth in picks, its not a commodity for us. Your giving up an awful lot!

And Edler is signed for only a year, then UFA so he's risky and therefore not even as much value as his play warrants. So big money teams with cap space and a track record for recruiting and signing guys, or perhaps a win now contender are your market. Your market is NY (who does not need D), Philly, Buffalo and maybe Montreal if they will spend with their new GM ???

If Montreal would give us Subban I might do it? Its about the right value. Sure we would love Courtier from Philly, but I would not bite as we would not be as good a team without Edler. And they CANNOT afford to give us a good defender.

In reality, that we really cant afford to give up Edler or a first keeps coming back?

A signed Edler is worth more than Wheeler, certainly on our team, but also on most teams. Kane?

Only if Lou is returning a pretty solid stud D in a separate deal. Otherwise we are shooting ourselves in the foot. But its pretty attractive, I know why the suggestion came up!

ok,

Wheelr or Kane I guess

No, I am not being sacarstic. I saw you post in another topic saying Edler, Hansen, and 1st is the new Raymond, Ballard, and 1st. I was wondering where you got that ludaris idea from. Raymond, Ballard and a 1st is irreplacable. (Until they are traded)

Archived