The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Issues when the new Port Mann opens...

Bossy

...and all that traffic goes to the ???? patello which I take to work every morning. Which is the smallest bridge across the Fraser. Because really, who can afford an extra 120 dollars a month plus tax that's living in the valley and who work industry jobs (which most people who take the Port Mann work). Not to mention a lot of people take it to get to SFU/BCIT and what Students can afford to pay an extra 120 dollars plus tax a month.

...and all that traffic goes to the ???? patello which I take to work every morning. Which is the smallest bridge across the Fraser. Because really, who can afford an extra 120 dollars a month plus tax that's living in the valley and who work industry jobs (which most people who take the Port Mann work). Not to mention a lot of people take it to get to SFU/BCIT and what Students can afford to pay an extra 120 dollars plus tax a month.

I don't know about tolling the other bridges...I believe the thinking is that, initially, people likely will avoid the tolls by diverting to other bridges but, eventually, the clogs there will result in some simply opting to pay the toll to avoid the traffic jams.

I'm sure some will buckle if forced to sit in line ups on the "free" bridges and they're likely counting on that to happen.

I also think it's part of a ploy to get people to ditch their cars and take Transit instead....although, with the ridiculous fare evasion fines if you misplace your ticket, they're driving people to their cars so it's a lose-lose for commuters.

Archived