The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-edm

TACIC

I was looking at the Edmonton roster and decided on this.

To Van:Horcoff,Paajarvi,2nd

To Edm:Luongo,Sauve

We get a good skilled Lw to replace Raymond and a good 3rd centre and a pick for a good goalie and a decent prospect

To Win Raymond,Ballard,Malhotra,2nd

To Van Wheeler,7th

Sign Chris Campoli to 1 year 1.7 mil contract

Sign Dan Ellis,To 1 year 1.3 mil contract

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Wheeler

Paajarvi-Horcoff-Hansen

Higgins-Lappiere-Kassian

Hamuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Campoli-Tanev

Schneids

Ellis

This is another example of a playing card trade. It tries to match value using quantity and doesn't take into account the value of the player to the team, or any other factors outside of looking at a stat sheet.

Wheeler for instance led the Jets in scoring last year, for crying out loud. Why would they move him for yet another D-man (they have some pretty decent D already), another center (something else they have plenty of) and a depth winger?

The Edmonton deal just makes no sense at all, since Horcoff has a $5.5M cap hit for the next 3 years and he only had 34 points last year. Yet you want him as our 3rd line center. I'd rather keep Luongo as our backup, at least he'd be insurance in case Schneids can't handle 50+ games this year.

Horrible, just horrible.

This is another example of a playing card trade. It tries to match value using quantity and doesn't take into account the value of the player to the team, or any other factors outside of looking at a stat sheet.

Wheeler for instance led the Jets in scoring last year, for crying out loud. Why would they move him for yet another D-man (they have some pretty decent D already), another center (something else they have plenty of) and a depth winger?

The Edmonton deal just makes no sense at all, since Horcoff has a $5.5M cap hit for the next 3 years and he only had 34 points last year. Yet you want him as our 3rd line center. I'd rather keep Luongo as our backup, at least he'd be insurance in case Schneids can't handle 50+ games this year.

Horrible, just horrible.

Oh, I see. In that case we should trade Henrik for 3 guys who get 30 points each who we already have 10 of in the system. We can do that for Daniel, and Kesler, and Edler, and anyone else who's any good since we'll have three teams worth of players and we'll just tell the NHL we're going to ice them all at once to make up for trading away our stars.

Archived