The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Nyi

Luongo for Martin and Nielsen and a first or second

The Islanders get a solid, healthy #1 goalie for the next few years while their players develop.

Nielsen solves our third line center position nicely and him and hansen would hopefully have chemistry. Martin is a hard hitting grinder who would be amazing on the fourth line.

Now, this obviously only works if luongo waives his ntc, which im not sure about, nyi are an up and coming team and have potential to be serious conrenders in a few years.

Sedin Sedin Burrows- Potential to score 90 goals, obvious chemistry

Booth Kesler Kassian/Jensen/Raymond- Tough scoring second line if they can develop some chemistry

Higgins Nielsen Hansen- Drools, shutown with some offense

Martin Lapierre Volpatti- Hard nosed, agitating fourth line who can fight

Bieksa Hamhuis- Best d-man pair, shutdown and puts up points

Edler-Garrison- Mainly points but decent defensively

Ballard Tanev- Obvious chemistry and two way pairing

Schneids

Lack/UFA

Sick lineup, im only worried about the second line, some question marks there, then again if we get doan :bigblush: . Problem solved but then we have the cap problem

edit: switched dipietro for a pick

Honestly. Luongo > Martin and Nielsen.

I dont really see what makes Martin so good, Nielsen I understand, but I get the feeling Martin is being overrated like Mattias was/is.

And at this point Dipietro is more of a cap dump/low value player. A terrible contract for a goalie who can't stay healthy and barley helps them win when he is healthy.

Maybe it would be something Toronto is interested in but I don see why we should spend 4.5 on a backup with a terrible contract (again).

How about this???

Maybe Luongo and Raymond for Nielsen, Donovan and a 1st(/2nd if a 1st is too much)

I think that might be good.

Archived