The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Paul McCartney Concert, Fireworks Damaged BC Place Roof

DonLever

Various local media like CTV and Global are reporting that Paul McCartney may be coming to Vancovuer on Nov. 25. There is a press conference tomorrow morning to confirm it.

Update: It has been confirmed he will perform at BC Place on November 25.

Paul McCartney has not performed in Vancouver since the 1964 tour with the Beatles.

Anyone interested in seeing 1/4 of the Beatles?

Is this an age thing? Like only peoiple over 50 will be interested? That mean the majority of the people on this forum will not be interested in seeing him perform.

Sept. 14 Update: People who want to see Paul McCartney will have to pay through the nose through scalpers as the tickets have been sold out, except for some single seats.

Dec. 4 Update: Local news say BC Place roof was damaged by fireworks used during the concert.

See last page of thread.

I saw the Beatles in 64 in Van and twice in Seattle in 65 .. I would not go see Paul if they sent a limo to my door .. have you seen him perform lately? .. does the word embarrassing come to mind? .. no? .. OK .. pathetic? .. well then, definitely sad .. :frantic:

I'm definitely not 50 and I'd go see him but my wife will be damn near ready to pop out a couple of twins at that date which means I:

A ) Can't stray too far.

B ) Wouldn't be able to afford even nosebleed tickets (damn babies is expensive yo!)

You only get so many chances to see legends...I'm still kicking myself for missing out on James Brown at the River Rock just before he went tits up :angry:

I've actually seen some recent televised performances and if you have some perspective on the matter that he's a 70 year old performer and not this guy:

paul-mcartney-hey-jude-1968-1.png

...he's still pretty good entertainment IMO. Sure his voice is as haggard as he is but he's a 70 FREAKING YEAR OLD ROCK STAR!. I don't expect him to sound 18. He's still one hell of an accomplished musician and performer.

I'm not old enough to have been able to see him live in his prime but him (along with the other three "Fab Four") were some of the most talented and influential artists of the past 100 years. Getting an opportunity to glimpse even a shimmer of that ray of artistic light is not something anyone should easily pass up IMO. Count yourself lucky that you were able to bathe in the full warmth of that light years ago but don't begrudge the rest of us who missed out for attempting to touch some small sliver of it.

I've actually seen some recent televised performances and if you have some perspective on the matter that he's a 70 year old performer and not this guy:

paul-mcartney-hey-jude-1968-1.png

...he's still pretty good entertainment IMO. Sure his voice is as haggard as he is but he's a 70 FREAKING YEAR OLD ROCK STAR!. I don't expect him to sound 18. He's still one hell of an accomplished musician and performer.

I'm not old enough to have been able to see him live in his prime but him (along with the other three "Fab Four") were some of the most talented and influential artists of the past 100 years. Getting an opportunity to glimpse even a shimmer of that ray of artistic light is not something anyone should easily pass up IMO. Count yourself lucky that you were able to bathe in the full warmth of that light years ago but don't begrudge the rest of us who missed out for attempting to touch some small sliver of it.

Tickets will be available through Ticketmaster on September 14. Prices will range from $35 to $250.

Prices seem reasonable compared to the Barbara Streisand concert where prices started from $150 to $500.

The problem is the scalpers. How come they manage to get most of the tickets within minutes when the tickets start on sale?

I like to go but the tickets could be sold out in ten minutes like other popular concerts.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Paul+McCartney+rock+Vancouver+this+fall/7207222/story.html

Archived