Higgins-Arnott-Hansen

Carter-Lappiere-Kassian

Malhotra,Weise,Volpatti

Hamuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Campoli-Tanev/

Schneids

Lack

Having a massive brain fart, but I have no clue who Carter is (assuming it isn't Anson Carter or Joe Carter).

Florida will not include Versteeg in the Luongo trade. I watched Versteeg single handedly destroy my Jets every time the Panthers played against them. Versteeg was a major factor in Florida's success last year.

Also, and I truly believe this, I don't even think trading Luongo straight up for Versteeg would even work. Is Luongo a great goaltender? Absolutely. However, his trade value is low, and will continue to decrease. Either bad contract in return or MAYBE mid level prospects at best. So no Gudbranson type prospect.

Having a massive brain fart, but I have no clue who Carter is (assuming it isn't Anson Carter or Joe Carter).

Florida will not include Versteeg in the Luongo trade. I watched Versteeg single handedly destroy my Jets every time the Panthers played against them. Versteeg was a major factor in Florida's success last year.

Also, and I truly believe this, I don't even think trading Luongo straight up for Versteeg would even work. Is Luongo a great goaltender? Absolutely. However, his trade value is low, and will continue to decrease. Either bad contract in return or MAYBE mid level prospects at best. So no Gudbranson type prospect.

Ballard is more valuable than Carter. That's a bad deal for us IMO.

And I would accept that Florida one if we took out Sauve and the 2nd, not really a big fan off Versteeg coming our way, dont think he's the player we need.

The Carter deal is better but personally I still wouldnt do it, Ballard and Tanev have great chemistry and it's nice to have 3 reliable pairs like that, it's a luxury most teams dream about and it's not something I wanna give away, plus Carter isn't really a proven 3rd liner.

And I dont think Versteeg is quite the fit you think he is, I could part with Sauve but I would like to keep the 2nd for sure.

Yeah well he has been getting better and we have players to fill the role Carter would fill, it would just be creating another hole, without patching one.

It doesn't really make sense to do it, it just seems like making a deal for the sake of making a deal really.

Archived