The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Wsh and if necessary Van-Cbj

Pears

I think a dark horse team to land Luongo would be Washington. I proposed a trade between us and the Caps before so I thought I would make another one:

To Vancouver: Troy Brouwer + Michal Neuvirth + 2013 1st round pick

To Washington: Roberto Luongo + Mason Raymond

then if Lack is ready to be Cory's back up...

To Vancouver: Derrick Brassard

To Columbus: Michal Neuvirth + Keith Ballard

We could sign Michael Roszival for 1 year at $3 million if Connauton needs one more year of development and Jason Arnott

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Brouwer - Arnott - Brassard

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Roszival - Tanev

Schneider

Lack

Thoughts?

Actually, I like that 1st trade.

Not fond of Neuvirth though. And positive he wouldn't want to be a back-up anywhere (go read his post-season comments). Let WAS move him themselves.

And replacing Raymond + Ballard with Brassard + Rozsival is lateral move at best IMO.

To WAS: Luongo

To VAN: Brouwer, 1st

I'd be OK with that.

It's a cap dump because Brouwer would be UFA after this season but there's a decent chance he could be re-signed and it buys VAN a year (or more) for Jensen and Kassian to develop on the RW.

Better than taking on even more salary from FLA or another team IMO.

Why would Washington do that deal? They have two good young goalies already and I'm sure they'd rather trust them and keep Brouwer and the 1st than try and upgrade. Raymond certainly doesn't swing the deal for them.

Columbus doesn't rush to get another goalie either unless it's a major upgrade, since they have two NHL'er s and a goalie developing in the AHL. They also have plenty of D, particularly expensive ones, so they don't need another like Ballard at the expense of an offensive forward, which they've downgraded on since trading Nash away.

Actually, I like that 1st trade.

Not fond of Neuvirth though. And positive he wouldn't want to be a back-up anywhere (go read his post-season comments). Let WAS move him themselves.

And replacing Raymond + Ballard with Brassard + Rozsival is lateral move at best IMO.

To WAS: Luongo

To VAN: Brouwer, 1st

I'd be OK with that.

It's a cap dump because Brouwer would be UFA after this season but there's a decent chance he could be re-signed and it buys VAN a year (or more) for Jensen and Kassian to develop on the RW.

Better than taking on even more salary from FLA or another team IMO.

Archived