The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Afghan Taliban threaten to kidnap and kill Prince Harry

-Vintage Canuck-

the dumbest thing, was British news papers announcing to the world that Prince Harry arrived in Afhganistan for duty. That was by far the worst mistake ever. Don't get me wrong, the Apache is a world class helicopter, (hes expected to fly it for his missions, it can apparently take a hit by rpg's) but still....

But cmon.. letting the world know Price Harry has arrived???? Cmon. Worst thing ever. He either wants attention or I don't know.

Taliban is extremely unlikely to even go near him. Prince Harry is probably teamed up with members of SAS disguising as "normal" troops. Cmon, you really gonna let Prince Harry fight a long regulars?? YOu better f in team him up with SAS units. That being said, epic fail on their end for letting the world know, If i was the Taliban, I would say exactly the same thing.

I doubt Harry will be in real danger. He will pbbly be kept close to the base. Perhaps flying the perimeter to do base security. It would be stupid to send him into actual battle and have the Taliban kill the 3rd in line to the British Throne. It would be too much of a propaganda coup for the Taliban and Western commanders will not risk something like this.

Over the course of the war Taliban have shot down a few Choppers but that usually happened when the chopper was flying into a battle to re supply, reinforce or evacuate troops, ie: Seal Team 6 Chopper that was shot down.

Well, they came pretty close. Taliban attacked the shared British - US base where Harry is stationed. He was unharmed. however the Taliban did kill 2 soldiers and destroyed 5 aircraft and damaged a few more.

wo Marines were killed and several more injured when Afghan militants armed with rocket propelled grenades and small arms breached the perimeter of the main U.S. Marine base in southern Afghanistan, following a rocket and mortar attack on the base that is shared with British forces.

Five aircraft were destroyed and three more damaged during an attack

Archived