The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Virtual Hockey League (Red Wings & Flyers available)

SOB for MVP

wcf-mclellan-game-4-post.jpg

Statement from Todd McLellan:

"Wow. I dont know what to tell you. It is beyond words what has happened in the last 24 hours. Did I know I was getting fired? No I did not. It took me by surprise, shocked actually. I have been with San Jose since 2008, it is a good team, I have put my heart and soul into that team, but it wasn't enough. I couldn't bring a Cup to San Jose, and the onus is on me for that. I wish Ken the best of luck with the Sharks, and I hope that he can accomplish what I could not. Despite the recent events, when one door closes, another one opens. I have already had three teams approach me for NHL positions, and for that I am grateful. In the next 12 hours I am going to need to take some time to take in everything that has happened, and make my decision tomorrow. I need to decide what is best for me and what is best for my family going forward."

Very happy to lock up Andrei Markov, Joe Thornton, and Patrick Marleau for another 2 years. Each were imperative to the teams success over the past year and were critical in the 2013 Stanley Cup win. With the core locked up, my Oilers shouldn't be too busy between now and deadline day. Might look at upgrading at the 6-7 defenceman spot, but would feel fine if the playoffs started today.

Taylor Hall - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Nathan Horton

Jaden Schwartz - Joe Thornton - Patrick Marleau

Ryan Smyth - Marcel Goc - Scottie Upshall

Lennart Petrell - Tom Pyatt - Anton Lander

Jeff Halpern, Mark Arcobello

Andrei Markov - Erik Karlsson

Oscar Klefbom - Brent Seabrook

Ian White - Francios Boullion

Theo Peckham

Antti Niemi

Pascal Leclaire

Lol @ a mid season Todd McLellan sweepstakes

With the few trades that I have preformed since taking over the Colorado Avalanche, I'm proud to show our new lineup:

Matt Duchene - Mike Ribeiro - Milan Hejduk

Brandon Dubinsky - Dave Bolland - Milan Michalek

Guillaume Latendresse - Chris Kelly - Gabriel Landeskog

Eric Boulton - Justin Abdelkader - Andrei Kolosov

Chuck Kobasew

Matt Greene - Erik Johnson

Jan Hejda - Victor Hedman

Mark Giordana - Radek Martinek

Shane O'Brien

Semyon Varlamov

Kieran Millan

Colorado has also acquired a proper backup goaltender, and expect the trade to be announced later today.

I can't quite understand why some GM's are making drastic moves when there teams are playing very well (this is in response to ARI's last post)

Edmonton is 1st in the west and 3 points out of 1st in the league now why would they be getting rid of a player in Erik Karlsson

I guess I shouldn't really care

Isn't the point of fantasy leagues to make trades, signings, and other transactions that would never happen in reality? That's why I assume that most of us are on an online fantasy board? I thought that this past season has been quite dull for me because I haven't done much major player movement, as I try to perserve the team that won the Stanley Cup last year.

And I would like to clearify that I have not moved Erik Karlsson, nor have any pending transactions.

Archived