The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evan McEneny | D

Joel Heyman

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

Speaking of high...

Remember that time you ate edibles and Gstank thought it was the worst thing ever?

Lol I still have him on block for that. I honestly never had an issue with him then boom. Instant hate for eachother. 

My rivalry with him was not one of my proudest moments. 

18 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Lol I still have him on block for that. I honestly never had an issue with him then boom. Instant hate for eachother. 

My rivalry with him was not one of my proudest moments. 

Entertaining nonetheless. He was an arse more often than not but he did provide some good info around the prospects subforum. I wonder if he's got a dupe on here.

3 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Speaking of high...

Remember that time you ate edibles and Gstank thought it was the worst thing ever?

I remember that guy. Still don't know what happened to him.

3 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Does anyone who has watched him have play have any projections and/or comparisons for this guy? It's great to hear that he's been developing well and blossoming into a legitimate player for the Comets.

He reminds me a little bit of Vlasic. Same type of body frame, all-around player who has a good defensive awareness on the ice. He probably won't be a big point producer in the pros but his offensive instincts are apparent and he's fairly mobile, he makes some nice passes and knows when to join the rush. He's not the most physical guy though, he could improve by using his size to his advantage around the net and in the corners a bit more.

Not saying he'll have Vlasic's impact at the NHL level but he's playing that kind of role in the AHL right now, Green likes having him out there in all situations (PK, PP, late in the game). He looks great when paired with a veteran but he's not quite at the level where he can cover for a partner's mistakes yet. He had some rough moments with Sautner (who hasn't played well since his concussion) and a few lately with Pedan, who is a risk-taker. We look pretty set on defense up here in the short-term so I'm hoping he can continue to play big minutes in Utica next year and maybe get spotted in as a call-up here and there.

Like the way our defensive depth is shaping up. Hard to see where Subban fits into things with Stecher already making an impact on the NHL roster. Guys like McEnemy and Brisbiois also playing the right side. 

Subban has to play PP minutes to be effective at the NHL level.  He is also up against guys like Pedan, who has issues, but can add a physical element and play as a 4th grinder. Pedan will likely top out as a 7/8 NHL defender. 

I could see McEnemy leap frogging Subban on the right side similarly to how Stecher did. 

Either way, it's a nice problem to have, defensive depth.  Always needed and always has value during the TDL. 

EW

On 2/3/2017 at 10:07 AM, J.R. said:

We're still going to need a 7/8, 'spare' offensive D in a couple years. And if the stars align and he actually learns how to play passable D in his own end and against men, he could actually be a better player than Stetcher in a few years as he has a higher offensive ceiling.

That's a big if though.

5 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Like the way our defensive depth is shaping up. Hard to see where Subban fits into things with Stecher already making an impact on the NHL roster. Guys like McEnemy and Brisbiois also playing the right side. 

Also, Brisebois' natural side is left if I recall.

9 hours ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

Subban has to play PP minutes to be effective at the NHL level.  He is also up against guys like Pedan, who has issues, but can add a physical element and play as a 4th grinder. Pedan will likely top out as a 7/8 NHL defender. 

I could see McEnemy leap frogging Subban on the right side similarly to how Stecher did

Either way, it's a nice problem to have, defensive depth.  Always needed and always has value during the TDL. 

EW

From my eyes he already has leapfrogged Subban and Pedan and is our best D prospect not playing in the NHL. I didn't pay any attention to the K-Wings last year, but in his 1st AHL season, he has emerged as a solid player. His skating, shot, passing and decision making could all translate to the NHL game. He isn't afraid to jump into the play and he has the size and positioning that also make him a good defender.

So with his emergence, how would you guys rank our current depth on defense? I think this will give me and some others who can't watch Comets games a good indicator of how he is playing.

Depth Chart:

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Stetcher

Hutton - Tryamkin

Gudbranson

-----------------------

Pedan

Subban

McEneny

Does that look somewhat accurate?

Just now, Horvat is a Boss said:

So with his emergence, how would you guys rank our current depth on defense? I think this will give me and some others who can't watch Comets games a good indicator of how he is playing.

Depth Chart:

Edler - Tanev

Sbisa - Stetcher

Hutton - Tryamkin

Gudbranson

-----------------------

Pedan

Subban

McEneny

Does that look somewhat accurate?

Maybe Juiolevi and Brisbois are ahead of Subban?  I don't think McEneny gets healthy scratched, like Subban does.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Maybe Juiolevi and Brisbois are ahead of Subban?  I don't think McEneny gets healthy scratched, like Subban does.  

It's our current depth chart. Juolevi and Brisebois are in the CHL.

They are also both likely to be back in the CHL next year (not 100% sure on Brisebois).

2 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

From my eyes he already has leapfrogged Subban and Pedan and is our best D prospect not playing in the NHL. I didn't pay any attention to the K-Wings last year, but in his 1st AHL season, he has emerged as a solid player. His skating, shot, passing and decision making could all translate to the NHL game. He isn't afraid to jump into the play and he has the size and positioning that also make him a good defender.

Seemed a bit similar to this year -- had a slow start as he was injured but then started putting up points consistently, like he is now.  Finished with 25 in 36 games (only one goal) and +17.  Has an assist already tonight, for 12 points in his last 14 games.  Only had 2 points in his first 26.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

It's our current depth chart. Juolevi and Brisebois are in the CHL.

They are also both likely to be back in the CHL next year (not 100% sure on Brisebois).

I believe Brisboise is pro next season