The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Evan McEneny | D

Joel Heyman

Greener:

http://www.uticaod.com/sports/20170209/comets-rookie-mceneny-finding-game

"He's a guy that has improved a lot over the season," Green said. "He's learned how to be a good pro. There are not a lot of nights where he doesn't play a pretty solid game. That's part of his preparation and part of learning how to be a pro and being ready to play every night."

Check that double negative though. 

Edited by Derp...

http://canucksarmy.com/2017/2/24/do-the-canucks-have-something-in-evan-mceneny

Once a forgotten member of the Canucks prospect pool, Evan McEneny is suddenly putting up numbers in his first full season with the Utica Comets. Struggling to remain in the lineup just a few months ago, McEneny is now an all-situations player for Comets coach Travis Green, and is seemingly resistant to the rotating healthy scratches.

Is this simply a blip of the radar, or do the Canucks still have something in McEneny?

...continued in link

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Why not trade Sbisa or Hutton, & deal this kid in?

Not this year. Let's see what he can do first. Play both of them next year, let McEneny be a 7-8, get 20 or so games. Come TDL time, if he (McEneny) has shown he can handle it, then trade one of them (for me, Sbisa goes).

Aside from Robak (who's on an AHL deal), McEneny has been the Comets best defenseman in the latter half of this year and it doesn't surprise me that Green would recommend him since he's been trusting him more and more lately. Definitely deserves the call-up, and its a big turn-around for a guy who was in the ECHL last season. I hope he has a good showing tomorrow and gets a long look in preseason next year as a depth guy.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Odd. said:

He's also been pretty good in every league he's played. Like to see him get a shot in tomorrow's game. 

3 hours ago, stonecoldstevebernier said:

Aside from Robak (who's on an AHL deal), McEneny has been the Comets best defenseman in the latter half of this year and it doesn't surprise me that Green would recommend him since he's been trusting him more and more lately. Definitely deserves the call-up, and its a big turn-around for a guy who was in the ECHL last season. I hope he has a good showing tomorrow and gets a long look in preseason next year as a depth guy.

Yeah, it is impressive that McEneny has so much a lot of progress over the course of the season and is much better than he was last season. It is hard to predict when a guy is going to hit his peak and to know which guys will keep improving for a long time. Just hope McEneny keeps it up for a while longer. With Juolevi, Brisebois, and McEneny in the pipeline, not to mention Subban, Pedan, Neill, and Olsen, it will be tough to find room at the Inn on the Canucks and in Utica over the next couple of  years.

I certainly hope we get see McEneny play on the Canucks. in the next few days. 

9 hours ago, JamesB said:

Yeah, it is impressive that McEneny has so much a lot of progress over the course of the season and is much better than he was last season. It is hard to predict when a guy is going to hit his peak and to know which guys will keep improving for a long time. Just hope McEneny keeps it up for a while longer. With Juolevi, Brisebois, and McEneny in the pipeline, not to mention Subban, Pedan, Neill, and Olsen, it will be tough to find room at the Inn on the Canucks and in Utica over the next couple of  years.

I certainly hope we get see McEneny play on the Canucks. in the next few days. 

Never a bad thing. If that does happen, we've got traceable assets to address other team needs.

• 4 weeks later...

If there is one kid in our organization that could pull a Hutton/Stetcher next year. I think its this kid. He has the potential to be another really good player for us. With him Juolevi Subban Pedan Brisebois and others competing for spots, you can appreciate what Benning has done with our defensive depth. I won't be at all surprised if Benning trades Hutton this summer.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

If there is one kid in our organization that could pull a Hutton/Stetcher next year. I think its this kid. He has the potential to be another really good player for us. With him Juolevi Subban Pedan Brisebois and others competing for spots, you can appreciate what Benning has done with our defensive depth. I won't be at all surprised if Benning trades Hutton this summer.

With all the young guys turning pro next year, I think he spends another year in Utica.  I hope they let that wave of young guys grow together........with virt and Boeser as well.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

I do expect Benning to move a d-man but trading Hutton might be premature. As a 2nd year pro his offensive upside is still unclear. Hoping he is asked back to Team Canada World Cup this spring. Likely Horvat as well.

Trading Hutton does not solve the issue of losing one of Edler-Tanev-Guddy or Sbisa. Ideally it is Edler who is moved.

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I do expect Benning to move a d-man but trading Hutton might be premature. As a 2nd year pro his offensive upside is still unclear. Hoping he is asked back to Team Canada World Cup this spring. Likely Horvat as well.

Trading Hutton does not solve the issue of losing one of Edler-Tanev-Guddy or Sbisa. Ideally it is Edler who is moved.

Ideally Edler, but likely Hutton if JB feels the guy in Utica can fill Hutton's spot here.

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I agree, I actually think two of our D are traded this summer or lost to Vegas. Sbisa and hutton are my guess.