The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canuck Fans Vs Other Team Fans

jasonmcconnell

Canuck fans just want to get their 1st stanley cup in their franchise. Imagine being the only team left in the NHL that has never had a stanley cup in their franchise? That would really suck. There's a couple of teams with no cups in their franchises: Canucks, Blues, Sabres, Jackets, Capitals, Sharks, Panthers, Jets, Coyotes, Predators, and Wilds. If all of them win a cup before the Canucks win their 1st, imagine how our fanbase will be. The Kings were part of this list until they won it this past spring.

Not that I have ever done it but generally our fans tend to boo the best goaltender we have ever had, and make stupid sarcastic cheers at times when he is having an off-game. We blame him for the cup loss even though in the crucial game 7 we were shut-out. We don't appreciate a good thing, which is what we have right now.

I'm not trying to troll you guys but there is a difference that is not a good one. Please don't take this as offensive. You guys (not all but most) complain a lot. Whether it be the reffs or your own goalie, a fan needs to scapegoat someone for not winning a championship. Another reason is when you look at fans from other teams who you label "classless" (ex Bruin fans) you are being awfully hypocritical. All this being said I have a good friend in Edmonton who is a Canuck fan. We get along very well and enjoy talking about hockey and respect each other's favorite team dispite their rivalry. As for the bandwagoners? There's plenty of those but that's the case for any team that wins a lot of games.

cody hodgson 9 - Canuck fans are so far from being the most obsessed. Go to Europe and watch a hockey game, football game, or pretty much any other sport and they trump North American fans. This excludes the ultra fans that usually cause trouble.

There are no difference between fans in North America of teams except for the teams they cheer for.

I'm not trying to troll you guys but there is a difference that is not a good one. Please don't take this as offensive. You guys (not all but most) complain a lot. Whether it be the reffs or your own goalie, a fan needs to scapegoat someone for not winning a championship. Another reason is when you look at fans from other teams who you label "classless" (ex Bruin fans) you are being awfully hypocritical. All this being said I have a good friend in Edmonton who is a Canuck fan. We get along very well and enjoy talking about hockey and respect each other's favorite team dispite their rivalry. As for the bandwagoners? There's plenty of those but that's the case for any team that wins a lot of games.

Hey Everyone,

I've been a canuck fan for a long time, I've seen the 'Nucks go all the way to game seven on three occasions and have always been loyal to the team in between those years.

My question is;

What makes Vancouver Canuck fans different from other team fans? What differentiates 'Nucks fans from Leafs fans, Habs fan, and any other team's fans out there?

Why are we so different, if in fact we are? I believe we are different, but I'm curious as to what other think about this.

Archived