The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Office Season 9 - Final Season

PlayStation

I hadn't watched the show since around Jim and Pam's wedding (so 3 years ago?) but I decided to watch the finale. Although I didn't think there were that many laughs (the best part was Meredith's son) I thought it was a good finale. I will be sad to see the show go.

Series finales (especially comedies) are notorious for letting people down. However, judging series finales like you would the rest of the episodes is, in my opinion, unfair, as it is usually done as a goodbye. Few laughs, weird resolution. This episode was no different.

I thought the 2 things done incredibly well, which were linked, was Ryan and Kelly running off together, while Nelly got Ryan's baby. Ryan and Kelly were missed this season, and the time they had on screen was absolutely classic. Really stole the episode.

Great series finale. A fantastic episode.

I thought Steve Carell's part was perfect. Remember, he already made his exit from the show in season 7. This episode was for the other cast members to say goodbye. The brief cameo reminded us of the Michael Scott years but kept him at a safe distance to let the current cast members guide the show. Give him a bunch of lines and having them reminisce about the "good old days" would have overshadowed everything that the show was building up to. We got to see a glimpse of his current life - a wife and kids, what he always wanted - which was good enough for me.

Great series finale. A fantastic episode.

I thought Steve Carell's part was perfect. Remember, he already made his exit from the show in season 7. This episode was for the other cast members to say goodbye. The brief cameo reminded us of the Michael Scott years but kept him at a safe distance to let the current cast members guide the show. Give him a bunch of lines and having them reminisce about the "good old days" would have overshadowed everything that the show was building up to. We got to see a glimpse of his current life - a wife and kids, what he always wanted - which was good enough for me.

I don't know what I'm going to watch on TV now. I already watch Parks and Recreation and The Big Bang Theory, but I always looked forward to The Office every Thursday evening.

It will be hard to find another show that can make me feel the way that The Office did.

I was hoping the show would have ended with them all getting ready to leave The Office and Michael walking in and saying something like, "Leaving already?". I just think he had to be a part of the last scene of the show. I like how they brought him in as Dwight's bestesht mansch or whatever though.

• 4 months later...

Archived