The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Razer Blade

Kent.S

This is the new one that just came out right?

They released the first version last year, not too sure how well that sold considering it's hefty price tag.

As much as I like Razer, I would probably just got with an Alienware for laptop gaming.

Alienware was purchased by Dell in 2006 and is their top end gaming system brand. All they do/have ever done is assemble third party components into custom cases and charge a premium for it. Accessing Dells supply chain and economies of scale has lowered their prices a bit but I still find them overpriced compared to building my own gaming PC.

I find it very hard to get behind gaming laptops. Their price premium plus serious limitations are a deal breaker for me.

Gaming laptops, lol, gimme a break. Why would you ever need one? If you really do LAN a lot, why wouldn't you just build a gaming rig on a mATX board and put it in a small, LAN-ready case with a handle on it? Gaming laptops are stupid. Shouldn't be playing games that much anyway, lol, seriously.

If you're going to buy a gaming rig, do not get an Alienware or anything pre-made. You'll save hundreds and hundreds of dollars if you pick your own parts and have it assembled by NCIX (or by yourself, if you know how).

To be honest, it's always better to build your own, or pick your own parts. You'll always save money.

Gaming laptops, lol, gimme a break. Why would you ever need one? If you really do LAN a lot, why wouldn't you just build a gaming rig on a mATX board and put it in a small, LAN-ready case with a handle on it? Gaming laptops are stupid. Shouldn't be playing games that much anyway, lol, seriously.

If you're going to buy a gaming rig, do not get an Alienware or anything pre-made. You'll save hundreds and hundreds of dollars if you pick your own parts and have it assembled by NCIX (or by yourself, if you know how).

To be honest, it's always better to build your own, or pick your own parts. You'll always save money.

Archived