The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Borderlands 2

DollarAndADream

The one thing I don't like about Zero is his dialog. It's like they took it from some crappy anime show or something. The only funny thing I've heard him say was while I was reviving my buddy he said something along the lines of: "let me revive you so we can kill things only faster" or something like that.

That's what they went for

He speaks in haiku mostly

I don't really mind

I picked Gunzerker because everyone I see playing it on my friends list is either an Assasin or Siren. Not sure how much I like Gunzerker though.

Yeah. The farther into the game I get, the more I realize there's no point in burning my bullets on enemies like Badass Nomads and PWR Loaders when I don't have teammates to shoot them in the back.

Verdict: Gunzerker is best served with a side of co-op. I think I'm gonna start a Commando... :unsure:

...also...how the H-E-double-hockey-sticks do you guys beat Badass Threshers? I've only ever killed three. Most of the time when I encounter one I go away until I'm overleveled and come back. Any tips?

Well he is a sniper. When I play Zero I try and go solely sniper style, all points into the sniping skill tree, longbow grenades, the like. Obviously it's easier to do in co-op when you have muscle taking the flak for you.

I do have one point on killing blow because when the bad guys finally reach me (if they ever do) they have such little health and it isn't worth a sniper bullet or switching to my pistol.

The one thing I don't like about Zero is his dialog. It's like they took it from some crappy anime show or something. The only funny thing I've heard him say was while I was reviving my buddy he said something along the lines of: "let me revive you so we can kill things only faster" or something like that.

I understand that's one way of playing him, but clearly, if you look at his skill tree, he can be a melee spec as well. It's just that his melee spec sucks, lol, which is what I was trying to say.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I understand that's one way of playing him, but clearly, if you look at his skill tree, he can be a melee spec as well. It's just that his melee spec sucks, lol, which is what I was trying to say.

Yeah, it kinda does... Mordecai's melee skills where murderific. I had that lethal strike skill maxed out as soon as I could and it was just killgasm fest!

Yeah, it kinda does... Mordecai's melee skills where murderific. I had that lethal strike skill maxed out as soon as I could and it was just killgasm fest!

Yeah, zer0's melee spec is rather lacklustre. he plays best as a sniper way at the back in co-op, and I suppose sneaking in to revive teammates as well.

I still think the commando, at the moment, is best.

Something like this didn't work for you?

http://borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/assassin.html

nTtr3.png

The level requirement from the bloodshed skills is 31. What classes do you play with in co-op?

Started a new one as an Assasin. I'm liking it way better. Gunzerker isn't my thing I guess....got bored with him. I don't care much for using 2 weapons at once either.

Yeah, that whole "hipfire only" deal isn't for everyone. It definitely taught me how to prioritize targets and play chicken a lot more effectively, though. I think if I put that into practice with a different class I will get good results. I've been messing around using a Siren lately and I find Phaselock ridiculously intuitive and easy to use to your advantage. My brother had a level 35 Siren that he respecced to team-oriented harmony skills for a while (before he accidentally deleted her...modding. :picard: let that be a lesson to everyone about what happens when you don't cherish what you already have), and I had a lot of fun using that. Res is unbelievably useful, not that I had expected any less.

... So I think I just killed the Ninja Turtles...

A pizza delivery gone horribly wrong... Also beyond that room you can trigger a boss-fight with "Flinter," though I haven't done it myself, if you flip four switches in some such location as would accommodate said switch-flipping.

There's also Rakkman, who dropped the first legendary I've seen since I got two Torgue Bonus Packages in my first three runs VS Boom-Bewm.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Not a shield, it amps the damage of a gun. Looks like you get them after ~50 levels.

What's with the shield capacity and recharge rate/delay rate then?

And isn't level 50 the cap?

Archived