The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Need Help: Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes.

Grapefruits

Hey everyone,

Let me give you some background on what I've been dealing with, I am hoping someone here can help me.

I bought my computer in April 2011 and it runs Windows 7 64bit. A few months back I changed my password and ended up forgetting it. So I did a re-install of the software that came with the computer. So now that's when the problems started.

There were a tonne of updates that needed to be done and it wouldn't update and I would keep getting this message:Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. At first it was close to 100 updates that would fail but I've managed to get it down to 5 from the "fixit" utility and info I've been able to dig up on the web.

These are the updates that keep failing:

FailedUpdates-1.jpg

I figure I'm probably missing something simple but my computer know how is a little limited. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I would probably format the hard drive unless there are things you really need on it. And then do a fresh install of windows. May take awhile but that should solve all your problems.

Though you may want to consult someone else on this matter as my solution to everything is:

Nuke it!

Archived