The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Finally watched this week episode of Impact.

It wasn't posted on Spike by I found it on youtube.

What a show. 5 out of 5 stars for me (atleast for a non PPV event) From start to finish it was great, the segments were outstanding, loved the Sting/Hulk thing aswell as the AJ/Storm thing follow by the 6 man tag. I can't wait to see those 2 have a rivalry.

And I loved the Anderson/Hardy thing, especially at the end when he pulled out the Tables, Ladders and Chairs to signify full methal myhem for the re-match.

Although despite all that, I thought the best match was the tag team match at the beginning.

Also excited to see Petey Williams back in action with TNA.

Excellent show from start to finish.

petey williams was probably one of my favourite guys on the old team canada team. i've always liked eric young

Yeah same, when I first started watching TNA, AJ Styles and Team Canada immediately jumped out at me and got my attention.

I remember seeing AJ vs Sonjay Dutt in a great match for the X division title. Aswell I loved seeing Team Canada with Williams, Roode, Eric Young and Scott De'More (Might be missing someone)

That Ultimate X Match that AJ, Petey and Chris Saban had at Final Resolution 05 I think it was, was a great match.

You're missing Johnny Devine and A-1 although A-1 was barely there. I'm happy about the news that Petey's signed on with TNA, really hope they sign Sonjay and pair them up. Anybody else ordering next Friday's X-Travaganza pay-per-view?

Batista has had talks with HHH about returning to WWE.

I would be excited to see him return, was a huge fan of him when he was in WWE before.

Discussions about Bobby Lashley returning to TNA

This would also be exciting.

Imagine Angle/Lashley or Styles/Lashley. or even Storm/Lashley would be a really good rivalry IMO.

There was so much that didn't happen last time it would be interesting if he could return. Maybe he would be the guy you put over as the one to rescue TNA from A's and 8's if you can get a long term commitment from him.

Backstage News on Ryback vs. Mark Henry WM 29

There is some concern backstage about how well Mark Henry and Ryback will perform in the ring at WrestleMania 29, due to the fact that their recent matches at live events have not gotten good reviews.

WWE Bans use of Chokeslam outside the ring.

WWE Star Big Show told 106.7 FM "The Sports Junkies" that he he is not allowed to perform his finishing move the chokeslam away from a WWE ring during media appearances - this includes even pretending to choke somebody. "I've gotten enough letters from our legal department, I don't pick anybody up any more or fake Chokeslam." said Show. Apparently "WWE Superstars aren't allowed to grab anyone by the neck, simulate choke holds, or picking up," which is often a request of radio show hosts and journalists for promotional material.

Charlie Haas Retires

Former WWE star Charlie Haas retired from Ring of Honor Wrestling last night and said he was completely quitting the sport. According to Pro Wrestling Scoops on March 31, Haas cut a promo, without a microphone, after his match and then quit the industry. Haas did not deliver the promo during a filmed broadcast, but it was captured on a cell phone recording during a house show. This also seems to end the big match that was supposed to take place at this weekend's Internet pay-per-view between Charlie Haas and his former tag team partner Shelton Benjamin. Haas and Benjamin wrestled as Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team in the WWE and ROH for over ten years, following the death of Charlie's brother Russ. When Benjamin looked like he might get a chance to return to the WWE, Ring of Honor broke the team up and then scheduled this big one-on-one dream match between the long time friends. Haas' character in Ring of Honor has been a beer drinking loud mouth that flips off the fans, curses wildly and challenges anyone to a fight. However, at the event, those in attendance say that it looked like Haas was intoxicated legitimately. Those in attendance say there was a loud argument backstage between Haas, the ROH booker Delirious and announcer Kevin Kelly. Before the match with Jeff Louis Neal, Haas cut a promo saying he was retiring, that he had done enough for wrestling and that is was time to leave the sport. He then wrestled the match, and people in attendance said he was visibly shaking and crying during the match. After the match, he asked for a mic again but was refused. He started yelling in promo to the crowd, thanking them and saying that everything he ever did, he did for the fans. When ROH officials tried to signal him to go back to the locker room, he flipped them off and kept talking until he was finished. Charlie Haas retired and quickly left the event after that and later tweeted that it was true and it was time to be a full time dad and husband.

This has the be the worst buildup to Wrestlemania in years.

agreed. no momentum whatsoever. the taker/punk thing is the most interesting and, well i'm rooting for Big E. and dolph to win the titles. but the thing with punk and taker, that programme was killed right off the start with a 4 way dance for "a chance to face the undertaker" there's a story there, punk made sure of it, but it wasn't handled properly and killed momentum faster than it could gain any, because punk taker just had to happen. even konnan on his podcast, he's said the buildups for mania are usually pretty good, but this year, it all sucks

listening to the new MLW show and konnan brought up a good point on mysterio being injury prone-- he takes risks to put on a show. there's no way wwe cuts him (say the dirtsheets) because rey can still sell merch, there's still money to be made from him and he's a company guy, one of the best of all time

Edited by Olias

agreed. no momentum whatsoever. the taker/punk thing is the most interesting and, well i'm rooting for Big E. and dolph to win the titles. but the thing with punk and taker, that programme was killed right off the start with a 4 way dance for "a chance to face the undertaker" there's a story there, punk made sure of it, but it wasn't handled properly and killed momentum faster than it could gain any, because punk taker just had to happen. even konnan on his podcast, he's said the buildups for mania are usually pretty good, but this year, it all sucks

listening to the new MLW show and konnan brought up a good point on mysterio being injury prone-- he takes risks to put on a show. there's no way wwe cuts him (say the dirtsheets) because rey can still sell merch, there's still money to be made from him and he's a company guy, one of the best of all time

If it wasn't for the timely passing of Paul Bearer, the Taker/Punk storyline would be crap as well. It would be Punk just rambling about how he's the best in the world and he going to prove it by ending the streak.

Years past, they usually built feuds after the Rumble and had nearly two months to build the storyline. This year it seems like all the matches we're put together in the last second, except for the two rematches.

If it wasn't for the timely passing of Paul Bearer, the Taker/Punk storyline would be crap as well. It would be Punk just rambling about how he's the best in the world and he going to prove it by ending the streak.

i'm pretty sure that's how it would have went down, but when paul died, it was just them changing it up, like, ****, we gotta take advantage of this now, so now they're scrambling to write up a story to sell this then... i still don't know why that 4 way dance happened. i don't know what vince was on to give that move the go ahead, so now orton and sheamus are randomly thrown in to a match with the shield, and thats a match the shield has to win. it won't do much for orton and sheamus in the long run since orton will go off and do the heel turn, so it's reported

Edited by Olias

Years past, they usually built feuds after the Rumble and had nearly two months to build the storyline. This year it seems like all the matches we're put together in the last second, except for the two rematches.

I'm almost beginning to thing Paul Bearer's death is a work to end the streak, Paul Heyman rolls out a casket as Undertaker is about to finish CM Punk off, Bearer pops out, Undertaker is stunned, Punk gives him the GTS and rolls him into the casket.

I honestly think this is possible, try finding any information about William Moody's death and all you have is a former pro wrestler confirming he was having respiratory problems, no actual cause of death.

Here comes the greatest work WWE has ever pulled off, and I applaud them if it's true.

I'm almost beginning to thing Paul Bearer's death is a work to end the streak, Paul Heyman rolls out a casket as Undertaker is about to finish CM Punk off, Bearer pops out, Undertaker is stunned, Punk gives him the GTS and rolls him into the casket.

I honestly think this is possible, try finding any information about William Moody's death and all you have is a former pro wrestler confirming he was having respiratory problems, no actual cause of death.

Here comes the greatest work WWE has ever pulled off, and I applaud them if it's true.

It was confirmed a week ago that it was a heart attack:

http://www.tmz.com/2...r-heart-attack/

That being said however, I had the exact same thought last night about the death being a work. It would be crazy if it was true.

But BOY OH BOY, was that crowd ever dead for the Taker/Punk segment last night. But both Taker & Punk seem to be sleepwalking through a rehashed 1995 storyline and I really don't blame them. They haven't had much to work with.

Edited by Mikey2Dope