The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

9 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Dude on the left is from Abby! He's a really cool dude. 

Sunny's amateur credentials are pretty solid too. Intimidating guy to look at, but from what I've heard from people who know him, he's a really nice guy.

1 hour ago, TheHitman said:

Looking forward to TNA Slammiversary tonight. In other news, Billy Corgan supposedly has bought a minority stake in TNA at 35-40%.

Yeah. I'm pretty stoked for it as well. Watching a Brazilian/Portugese stream online.

Having watched every Impact this year in the lead up, I'm excited to see how they close some of these storylines

It's been good so far, going into this 3rd match. Was half expecting Chelsea Green to show up though, tbh. Her being in Orlando as Maria was also injured was just a legit coincidence, lol.

EC3 is a freaking star. Love him. Him vs Mike Bennett was the unofficial main event.

Good show so far. Nothing really knocked my socks off, but it was the proper culmination of a bunch of storylines. Hasn't played out like the "Wrestlemania" of TNA or anything, but Wrestlemania was such $&!# this year that I wouldn't even want that comparison, lol.

2 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Yeah. I'm pretty stoked for it as well. Watching a Brazilian/Portugese stream online.

Having watched every Impact this year in the lead up, I'm excited to see how they close some of these storylines

It's been good so far, going into this 3rd match. Was half expecting Chelsea Green to show up though, tbh. Her being in Orlando as Maria was also injured was just a legit coincidence, lol.

I'm just happy we didn't get Super Gail booking. 

19 hours ago, TheHitman said:

I'm just happy we didn't get Super Gail booking. 

Indeed. Especially given that she wasn't actually supposed to be in the match at first. Siena can/will do much more with it. Jade will probably be busy with Marti for the time being though.

7 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Found out yesterday two twins who workout at my gym and have been working out there for the past 3 years are in the ECCW and have like 18k followers on instagram lol. The Voros twins. 

That is quite awesome.

In ECCW tag news, both Bollywood Boys have been called into the WWE's Cruiserweight competition series that they're hosting.

For as much fun as I make of the WWE for being the sacks of crap that they are, this tournament is a great thing for those who enter. And even if the intent is to audition and poach a guy or two, there is not much in it for them. It's largely like a good will gesture to the fans, to show them real quality wrestling, and to these smaller name wrestlers who will get that massive exposure. It's nice.

9 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Found out yesterday two twins who workout at my gym and have been working out there for the past 3 years are in the ECCW and have like 18k followers on instagram lol. The Voros twins. 

That's cool.  I've met the twins at various ECCW events.  Cool guys.  They auditioned for Tough Enough last time around.

As g_bassi13 stated The Bollywood Boys are getting some WWE recognition.  Great to see them get their chance.  Even if it is a small one.  The guys deserve it!

They will be wrestling at The Commodore Ballroom July 16th at Ballroom Brawl 6. No doubt The Voros Twins will be there as well.

I don't usually watch Raw. There's a guy I listen to on YouTube that does Raw reviews, so I stick with that. Then I'll watch the pre-shows before PPVs and that's all I need. 

13 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Not a single post about Raw? Lol. I haven't watched it yet, but I'd assumed some of you had, or that there was something of interest done.

My guess is the lack of the latter.

Kevin Owens on commentary for the main event was the highlight of the show.

Oh and this:

i actually thought raw was pretty entertaining as a whole show. a much better effort as a go home show to a ppv as we've been offered in recent months. i really liked the ambrose asylum with wwe further teasing of a big ambrose push. they know full well that the fans are behind him. my gf, who only just started watching wwe, noticed that ambrose got a much bigger reaction out of both rollins and reigns

i was actually LOLing when cesaro was the ring announcer and lost it when jericho was residing from "stupid idiotsville" XD

i think the time is now to push the button on a dean ambrose push. the guy has way too much charisma to be kept dwelling in the mid card spot. if you dont agree with me, just look up jon moxley and you'll see why triple h wanted to pick him up in the first place. it all started at the royal rumble when the fans went nuts when it was triple h vs ambrose. i've said all along that wwe has had ambrose as the wild card

heading in to money in the bank, i believe that ambrose is the man to win the money in the bank, but at the same time, it's jericho's storyline that he's never won the thing he invented, and they can have jericho win the thing and go for one last title run in the twilight of his career, which i'll have no problem with

no one will care about the women's match, cause its just a cop out way to keep the title on charlotte until summerslam when sasha returns

new day took a clean pinfall on raw, so that makes me believe that they retain, then drop the titles at summerslam after a full year of holding the titles-- which is impressive in their own right, because wwe has actually made them defend the titles a few times and didn't make that tag division an after thought

i don't see styles beating cena, but not for what people here see as the "same old, same old." you can't have cena come back just to lose straight up or get a clean win against aj styles, without styles being sold out by anderson and gallows, and thats when you debut finn balor. finn's done with nxt-- there's nothing left for him to do there after losing clean to joe. the storyline of aj saying that hes the face of the new era, finn balor will have a word for that, which will make things more entertaining. then again that leaves questions of what happens for the looming draft. some storylines will be sporadically cut off, just how wwe likes things

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

I finally saw it. What I personally saw almost entirely forgettable. Just the money in the bank teaser segments and matches were really worth watching.

It's a shame that they've almost seemingly entirely reverted the women's division back to how they used to run the Diva's one, before any of the improvements went down. It's back down to one short match, or segment. And one storyline. The WWE likes to drop things on a dime, but I was surprised to see how quickly they changed their minds on a whole division like that. Not like they're using that spare time they cut from the women for any use.

All in all, feels like Raw is reverting back to just how Raw used to be. I say that with them getting the lowest ratings of the last two decades this week, they deserve it.

Very unimportant content, with unimportant storylines. Both Raw and the WWE on the whole are not "must watch" TV. The New Day's title reign is starting to drag on, as is Charlotte's. I really hope both end by/at Summerslam. Rusev was able to give a fresh face to the US title, but then they decided to stick him with Titus right off the bat, because who knows why. Then the heavyweight title picture remains the monotonous most "fast forward" segment each week for the obvious reason. 

It's too bad the IC title is on hiatus while Miz chills in Vancouver, because it was the only thing that was interesting me over the last month. That picture merging into the Money in the Bank match is what keeps that one as interesting as it is, at least.

They're going to need to do some massive pivots story-wise to make Summerslam feel fresh or interesting. Don't have much faith in what they're going to do with Raw until then. They're just slouching on that one, and seem okay with it.