The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Was a very average PPV, with lots of forgettable matches, and a main event that was nothing special on its own.

But Roman losing clean? Holy $&!#. I thought that was more surprising than the fricking Undertaker's streak coming to an end against Lesnar. Lol.

For one, it was Rollins. They guy hasn't been allowed to win against legitimate competition without shenanigans, not even when he was champ. And secondly, Reigns hasn't jobbed out cleanly in his WWE career. Not even once.

Until now at least. And that was awesome that they let that happen. You have no idea how surprised I am. Makes me think they've cooled on Roman a bit too, which is where the long term bonus for this kicks in. I didn't expect him to drop it before Summerslam. Expected some nonsensical delay tactics like what was seen with Cena/AJ.

Like maybe a part of me really believed that Ambrose would win the MITB, and then cash in at the end of the main event, but even that thought involved him cashing in on Reigns. I mean they had no reason to take it off Reigns if they were just going to give it to Ambrose anyways. In this that means they had no concern in protecting Reigns, and perhaps actively wanted to take him down a notch.

I really wanted Rollins as champ, and was hoping his and Reigns' actions during the match were the makings of a double heel/face turn between the two (and maybe it still will be), but if you told me at the beginning of the day that Reigns would lose cleanly, and that Ambrose would walk away with the title, then I would have been a happy man. So that's the attitude I take now. I'm a happy man.

That was lame. They literally told us the exact out come on the raw before when Ambrose said he would win mitb and cash it in that night. Kevin owens really should have won mitb IMO.  He would have had some great moments pretending to cash in and such. Was happy to see roman lose but not happy with Ambrose as champ. Hopefully Rollins wins the title from him soon.

Edited by Nicklas Bo Hunter
  • Upvote 1

Can't believe anyone is complaining at all after that. I'm still in disbelief, nearly jumped out of my seat when Roman lost. Couldn't stop smiling.

Also it was pretty heelish of Ambrose to ambush Rollins on the cash-in. Could be seeing some turns soon.

Edited by Kazmanian Devil
  • Upvote 1

I liked the PPV. Thought the four big matches delivered. Loved the ladder match, and seeing Roman lose clean was awesome. 

11 hours ago, Spotted Zebra said:

I thought the tag match was good, but there were a couple obvious botches, that were unfortunately obvious enough to disrupt the flow. Correct me if I was wrong, but there was a solid 3 count by the ref that no one made any mention of no? Also looked like Cass was late at the end there

I was reading that the shoulders were not down right away so the referee didn't start counting right away. By the time the ref got to 1 the crowd was on 2.

5 hours ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

Can't believe anyone is complaining at all after that. I'm still in disbelief, nearly jumped out of my seat when Roman lost. Couldn't stop smiling.

Also it was pretty heelish of Ambrose to ambush Rollins on the cash-in. Could be seeing some turns soon.

Ambrose will remain a face. He'll have to. But there could be something there with Reigns and Rollins. Rollins still has that babyface pop going for him, and he fought the match last night as a babyface. Reigns was the opposite. I scoffed at the notion after Wrestlemania, because the things he was doing weren't legitimately heel-ish. What happened last night, coupled with him losing cleanly might actually mean something though.

Like I said, I could have seen these things happening at Summerslam, so for them to happen at Money in the Bank made me smile too.

-------

Tag match got pretty heated towards the end, but the ending itself got pretty convoluted, and the only team of the 4 I didn't want to win it, did. Lol.

The AJ/Cena match was okay-ish, and Cena did a good job legitimately letting himself look like a fool, which he doesn't ever do. But despite my favourite wrestler defeating my second most hated, I didn't even react. With that dirty finish, and two more matches upcoming, my only thought was "ugh here we go again." I don't look forward to Cena cutting generic angry promo #3,257 about how his opponent needs to man up and such and such.

That Money in the Bank ladder match was a very solid one. One of the better ladder matches I can remember watching. Like that tag title match, my least favourite of the 6 actually won the match, and it would have been fun to watch someone like Owens walk around with a briefcase, they at least used it properly with Ambrose at the end of the PPV.

Rusev crushing Titus and humiliating him in front of his sons (and Wale) and then subsequently taunting them (and Wale), was hilarious.

The womens match was pretty bland, and a total throwaway, but that attack by Natalya was actually very interesting. I don't even remember the last time she was a heel, and this way the Women's division can go back to having more than one storyline running at a time, like it always did, and was trending back towards doing. As long as Charlotte isn't just holding the title for Nikki until she comes back, this should be all good. Sad thing is, I think she's just holding the title for Nikki until she comes back. This would be the biggest shame.

The main event itself was a generic match, and something you'd expect out of Reigns. I'd have little to say about it if not for that ending. Which was glorious. To re-iterate, I'm ecstatic and can't believe he lost clean. I didn't like the Ambrose cash in much because the guy I wanted to hold the title had actually just won, but again, that's still all awesome.

All in all, like I said yesterday, I do think it was a very average PPV. If it didn't end the way it did, and instead had, say, Reigns simply retaining his title, I would not be writing home about it at all. Surprising what following the natural flow when it comes to booking an event, and not actively fighting it tooth and nail against those that watch, was actually a good idea. Go figure.

3 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Ambrose will remain a face. He'll have to. But there could be something there with Reigns and Rollins. Rollins still has that babyface pop going for him, and he fought the match last night as a babyface. Reigns was the opposite. I scoffed at the notion after Wrestlemania, because the things he was doing weren't legitimately heel-ish. What happened last night, coupled with him losing cleanly might actually mean something though.

one thing i wanted to pick up on about that match was rollins selling like a face, bumping around and making roman look strong. the only thing i absolutely hated was seeing roman crash and burn, spearing himself through the barricade. so out of it, this man was, that doctors rushed to the scene, only to have him completely no sell it moments later to deliver that stupid superman punch, and kicking out of like two finishing moves, like give me a break

:3

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

I marked out pretty hard when Rollins won clean.  Knew Ambrose was coming out, but was pretty shocked they had him win too.  Haven't marked out like that in a long time, well done WWE.  Great PPV. Quit nitpicking and enjoy the show :lol:

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Aye Sasha's back. She's the hottest.

i didn't think they'd have her back this early. charlotte's really doing nothing for me as champion. bit of a waste of a title reign

obviously happy the boss is back tho :3

overall, todays raw wasnt bad. i only fast forwarded one segment and that was whoever baron corbin was doing a program with. new day and wyatts will be a very interesting program and for a phoenix crowd, they were buying into the show

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

omg, just reading wwe's post on facebook and you realize how your homie teaches someone about a verified page XD

"just hover over wwe, and you'll see the blue checkmark that says verified page. i can understand that you wouldn't believe that this isn't wwe's official page, with all of these stupid idiots commenting, but it is :)"

On 20/06/2016 at 11:37 AM, g_bassi13 said:

The AJ/Cena match was okay-ish, and Cena did a good job legitimately letting himself look like a fool, which he doesn't ever do. But despite my favourite wrestler defeating my second most hated, I didn't even react. With that dirty finish, and two more matches upcoming, my only thought was "ugh here we go again." I don't look forward to Cena cutting generic angry promo #3,257 about how his opponent needs to man up and such and such.

I look forward to generic angry promo #3,258 next week. Maybe he'll talk about Syles' balls again for the fifth time. Hopefully he can make Gallows look like a doofus as well. Feel like he was left out.

1 hour ago, Madness said:

Www suspends Roman Reigns

Best two comments I've seen on this:

I don't use good drugs. I don't use bad drugs. I use THE drugs.

&

Yankee. Oscar. Uniform.
Foxtrot. Uniform. Charlie. Kilo. Echo. Delta.
Uniform. Papa.

• Upvote 2

If they knew about this beforehand and took the title off of him because of this, I'd be a little concerned because of what that could possibly mean. Especially with the Raw Main event inserting him back into the title picture right afterwards, and Battleground happening technically after his suspension is over.

Like if they only booked him to lose because of this suspension, that could mean they didn't have actual faith in Ambrose, and would still like to default back to Roman soon, and the such.

But whatever the case may be, Raw will be immensely easier to watch for the next 4 episodes, and I am incredibly glad for that.

Hopefully this does knock him down a peg or two in the pecking order when it comes to booking and all.