The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

25 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

it was a really sucky raw. the only thing going on that i remotely care about right now is new day's program with the wyatts. not a fan of them treating ambrose's run right now as second fiddle to reigns and rollins. could have just kept the title on rollins and have dean cash in at summerslam, but does it in advanced, as the way to set up the triple threat -__-

Drink it in, man.

The only thing I look forward to on Raw, these days are Kevin Owens shouting "shut up, Cole!" randomly in his matches and Jericho calling people stupid idiots. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, shiznak said:

Drink it in, man.

The only thing I look forward to on Raw, these days are Kevin Owens shouting "shut up, Cole!" randomly in his matches and Jericho calling people stupid idiots. 

haha yea jerichos one of the more brighter spots too. loved that highlight reel segment when he was being a **** disturber and, i guess with stephanie and jbl, and now add jericho to the list of people voicing their displeasure with ambrose holding the title, maybe they may actually have something going on with his title reign

one thing i love about jericho's character, and this goes all the way back to his run in wcw, with his first major feud with dean malenko, is that he'll obsess over the guy he's feuding with and go over the top with his hatred for that man. i would hope wwe has some plans for ambrose if they insist on ****ing on the guy week in and week out on commentary and segments that have nothing to do with the main event storyline anymore

i also have a new sasha siggy in the works. hopefully it turns out well :3

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Curious is Smackdown on TV Tuesdays now? Has anyone seen Smackdown for this week yet? Not that it was anything special, but I was able to watch it last night and wondering if it's on Tuesdays for other people yet?

Smackdown is still on Wednesdays until it goes live on July 19th, when they do the draft and all. I haven't watched this week's, but it recorded on Wednesday on my PVR like normal.

Don't know how you saw it on Tuesday, lol. Even the Sportsnet listing says it will be Wednesday next week.

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

i dont get why people watch smackdown-- it's really a replay of raw xD

People watch the Leafs, so it watching Smackdown isn't the worst of sports-related decisions. If you could call what the Leafs do a sport.

21 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Smackdown is still on Wednesdays until it goes live on July 19th, when they do the draft and all. I haven't watched this week's, but it recorded on Wednesday on my PVR like normal.

Don't know how you saw it on Tuesday, lol. Even the Sportsnet listing says it will be Wednesday next week.

I thought it was on TV on Thursdays didn't know they showed it on Wednesday, I don't own cable.... I saw it online on Wednesday and was just wondering. 

I know for years they did the actual show on Tuesdays, but didn't show it until Thursday, when did they change it to Wednesdays?

According to Wade Keller of the Pro Wrestling Torch, Vince McMahon is planning a “redemption” storyline for Reigns once he returns to WWE programming. 

McMahon wants to tell the story of how “the controversy” put Reigns down. He would then have to find a way to work his way back to what he was before and be even better than he was. McMahon feels if he creates a story in the way he would want it told, it may finally get fans to buy into Reigns and cheer for him. 

This story is backed up after WWE told the world on Raw about Reigns’ suspension. Stephanie McMahon even called his failure an embarrassment to WWE. She’s not far off either as Reigns’ suspension surely didn’t make WWE look good. Roman was all over the news, and with WWE positioning him as their top guy, he let them down.

From NoDQ.com

good lord this is going to be miserable. 

16 minutes ago, Madness said:

From NoDQ.com

good lord this is going to be miserable. 

I don't know that is confirmed, even with Keller saying it, but it was my first thought when I heard of the suspension last week.

After the jubilation to the idea of a month of TV without him, my first thought was, "oh $&!#, they didn't give it to Rollins/Ambrose because they've learned their lesson in booking. It just turned out they had no choice."

Second was, "Oh $&!#, he's just going to be pushed back to the exact same level when he comes back anyways."

McMahon isn't the storyteller he thinks he is, lol. If he thinks this is what will finally get him over, I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

10 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I thought it was on TV on Thursdays didn't know they showed it on Wednesday, I don't own cable.... I saw it online on Wednesday and was just wondering. 

I know for years they did the actual show on Tuesdays, but didn't show it until Thursday, when did they change it to Wednesdays?

Thursdays in the US, Wednesdays in Canada. Been that way for a while now.

For a while before this, I believe it was Fridays in the US, and Thursdays in Canada, but I could be wrong about that one.

there are little words to describe how unbelievably bad this raw was. fast forward 90% of the show XD ziggler/rollins match was the highlight of the show-- only thing really worth watching, and jericho singing o canada LOL that was great

• Upvote 2

alright i want know when WWE is going to do a RAW , SMACKDOWN or PPV in vancouver again , I'm tired of these house shows and going to seattle or portland for shows 

heard they don't do it here cause of some stupid vancouver by law 

we almost got mania but i heard aqua man didn't want raw in Rogers Arena the next night, cause he wanted the canucks to play 

i heard they're banned from rogers arena for something stupid 

11 minutes ago, dsedinfan22 said:

alright i want know when WWE is going to do a RAW , SMACKDOWN or PPV in vancouver again , I'm tired of these house shows and going to seattle or portland for shows 

heard they don't do it here cause of some stupid vancouver by law 

we almost got mania but i heard aqua man didn't want raw in Rogers Arena the next night, cause he wanted the canucks to play 

i heard they're banned from rogers arena for something stupid 

I would love if we got Wrestlemania here. Not for Wrestlemania itself per se, especially if it goes anything like it did this year, but it's like a week long mecca for wrestling, which is awesome.

43 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

there are little words to describe how unbelievably bad this raw was. fast forward 90% of the show XD ziggler/rollins match was the highlight of the show-- only thing really worth watching, and jericho singing o canada LOL that was great

When you see The Big Show winning a Raw main event in 2016, that pretty much shows you how terrible the show was. The main event was just a clusterf**k. The "Beat Up John Cena" thing was pretty fantastic though especially with Karl Anderson's line about his hot Asian wife.

Stone Cold said it best last week:

"There’s just no interwoven storylines, which carries through the course of a Monday Night RAW, where something, a seed, is planted at the beginning of a Monday Night RAW and threaded through the entire show. It’s just match after match, segment, or in-ring segment, skit, whatever you want to call it, backstage promo.”

9 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

When you see The Big Show winning a Raw main event in 2016, that pretty much shows you how terrible the show was. The main event was just a clusterf**k. The "Beat Up John Cena" thing was pretty fantastic though especially with Karl Anderson's line about his hot Asian wife.

Stone Cold said it best last week:

"There’s just no interwoven storylines, which carries through the course of a Monday Night RAW, where something, a seed, is planted at the beginning of a Monday Night RAW and threaded through the entire show. It’s just match after match, segment, or in-ring segment, skit, whatever you want to call it, backstage promo.”

yea im enjoying the styles/cena feud. in a way, wwe's at least doing a good job at protecting styles in this feud. he doesnt get a clean win at extreme rules, and cena will get his win at battle ground in a tag match, which blows off at summerslam with cena going over with the club probably turning on styles. i'd be surprised if cena goes over clean, but if he does, it'll most likely be a gimmick match like a cage match. i loved the line about them bringing out the shovel lol

a heel aj styles here just works and the crowd's starting to buy in to it and he's starting to get some heat. that super cena character just works for this feud of never giving up and all that crap they want to teach the kiddies. for the adults, who really cares. styles and the club are putting on something entertaining

14 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

I don't think that it was completely horrible, as it was supposed to be throwaway. I meam when one of your marquee matches is just a repeat of your Smackdown main event, you're probably phoning it in.

The second half really fell off a cliff, and nothing of importance happened anywhere. So it certainly wasn't a good Raw.

But a couple of people probably cut their best promos in forever. Sasha did. The Wyatts did. Xavier did. Ambrose and Rusev had some fun with words.

The one thing that made me laugh hard was the "beat up John Cena" thing, but I gave up when it they figured out a way to get me to be completely against enzo and cass as they did.

Edit: forgot to say, that the three Canadians are the ones killing it out there on the most consistent basis. Feels like such a WCW Jericho right now, lol.

Edited by g_bassi13
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I don't think that it was completely horrible, as it was supposed to be throwaway. I meam when one of your marquee matches is just a repeat of your Smackdown main event, you're probably phoning it in.

The second half really fell off a cliff, and nothing of importance happened anywhere. So it certainly wasn't a good Raw.

But a couple of people probably cut their best promos in forever. Sasha did. The Wyatts did. Xavier did. Ambrose and Rusev had some fun with words.

The one thing that made me laugh hard was the "beat up John Cena" thing, but I gave up when it they figured out a way to get me to be completely against enzo and cass as they did.

Edit: forgot to say, that the three Canadians are the ones killing it out there on the most consistent basis. Feels like such a WCW Jericho right now, lol.

You're right about the promo work-- the  ones you listed were all great. I really like the story telling for the Wyatt's and the new day. AJ's totally buying it and really hopes the new day doesn't split up, which is great LOL.I don't think they will, I think Xavier's working the Wyatt's, but maybe I'm giving creative to much praise. This has brays influence all over it. This is his storyline. I'm so glad that Sasha's back to make the women's division credible

Also agree with Jericho. He's the best he's been in, in years. I'm really enjoying his current run