The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

Cesaro's promo on the network was of real note as well.

None of most of these guys had any idea where they were going, because this is the WWE, so of course they came up with it all at the last moment (my guess is random.org was consulted a few times).

But it meant that these later interviews weren't at all scripted, so the wrestler's genuine reactions slipped through their words.

Or in the case of Cesaro, he straight up called the whole thing bull$&!#.

- He questioned why he was on Raw given the way it was structured, instead implying he would be a better fit on Smackdown.

- He questioned why he was 28th overall, and Raw's 17th pick, and not far, far higher

- And he questioned why they were so focused on the managers and their drama, rather than the actual performers and draft picks the whole night. 

To paraphrase it, he essentially called them out on everything, and it's clear that after they told him his place in the company with this draft, he's quite pissed about it.

Here's the video before it gets taken down

Edited by g_bassi13

41 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Cesaro's promo on the network was of real note as well.

None of most of these guys had any idea where they were going, because this is the WWE, so of course they came up with it all at the last moment (my guess is random.org was consulted a few times).

But it meant that these later interviews weren't at all scripted, so the wrestler's genuine reactions slipped through their words.

Or in the case of Cesaro, he straight up called the whole thing bull$&!#.

- He questioned why he was on Raw given the way it was structured, instead implying he would be a better fit on Smackdown.

- He questioned why he was 28th overall, and Raw's 17th pick, and not far, far higher

- And he questioned why they were so focused on the managers and their drama, rather than the actual performers and draft picks the whole night. 

To paraphrase it, he essentially called them out on everything, and it's clear that after they told him his place in the company with this draft, he's quite pissed about it.

Here's the video before it gets taken down

loved it. he figured, if we're live, we may as well go for it. a guy like cesaro can leave wwe and have a very successful career. he's been so underutilized that i hope he does leave, because he's not going any higher

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

loved it. he figured, if we're live, we may as well go for it. a guy like cesaro can leave wwe and have a very successful career. he's been so underutilized that i hope he does leave, because he's not going any higher

Seems whenever someone gets stagnant in the card, there are always people saying, "just wait, they'll get their turn. Not everyone can be pushed at once", or some such jazz. But there are mainly just cases where the push never comes.

With Cody Rhodes it was to the point where he wasn't even able to shed his comic gimick, because that's the only potential they saw in him.

With Cesaro, he deserves much better. So much better. This was the chance for them to even pretend giving it to him, but they didn't do even that.

Just watch in a year or two as Big Cass gets that push that should go to Cesaro. He'll just continue to watch people pass him. Almost all of them far worse than him.

21 minutes ago, Incursio said:

I'm okay with seeing her more often >.>

Me too. Honestly, at the very least, she's something of an interesting personality, that brings something to the table (even if that's nothing good). She's something, which is more that the whole lot of nothing that ended up on Smackdown.

Though there's too much weight on Becky Lynch's shoulders here. Almost everyone of note in the women's division went to Smackdown for some reason. I'm not a fan of Paige or anything, but Smackdown was literally the perfect spot for her to get a chance to do something at all. Now she's exactly where she was before the draft, like Cesaro.

Becky has Natalya, who she's already burning through a feud with, 2 NXT call ups, Eva Marie, and Naomi. It's near literally all on Becky, for at least the time being.

Edited by g_bassi13

6 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Seems whenever someone gets stagnant in the card, there are always people saying, "just wait, they'll get their turn. Not everyone can be pushed at once", or some such jazz. But there are mainly just cases where the push never comes.

With Cody Rhodes it was to the point where he wasn't even able to shed his comic gimick, because that's the only potential they saw in him.

With Cesaro, he deserves much better. So much better. This was the chance for them to even pretend giving it to him, but they didn't do even that.

Just watch in a year or two as Big Cass gets that push that should go to Cesaro. He'll just continue to watch people pass him. Almost all of them far worse than him.

Me too. Honestly, at the very least, she's something of an interesting personality, that brings something to the table (even if that's nothing good). She's something, which is more that the whole lot of nothing that ended up on Smackdown.

Though there's too much weight on Becky Lynch's shoulders here. Almost everyone of note in the women's division went to Smackdown for some reason. I'm not a fan of Paige or anything, but Smackdown was literally the perfect spot for her to get a chance to do something at all. Now she's exactly where she was before the draft, like Cesaro.

Becky has Natalya, who she's already burning through a feud with, 2 NXT call ups, Eva Marie, and Naomi. It's near literally all on Becky, for at least the time being.

i agree on big cass. it's sad because thats the truth. he's just a generic big guy who gets by on catch phrases, but the crowd likes enzo and cass, not cass but we all know wwe doesn't care what we like or not

i will admit that eva has come a long way since she debuted. she's still pretty bad, but she has a personality and i agree that becky's gonna be carrying the smackdown women's division, but shes one of the best on the whole roster, so she's perfectly able to do that, and i'm a fan of her

i love paige and she should have been on smackdown to let her personality shine. she was great as a heel in nxt when she first came up but shes got that veteran presence that the raw's women need, much like how smackdown has natty

12 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i agree on big cass. it's sad because thats the truth. he's just a generic big guy who gets by on catch phrases, but the crowd likes enzo and cass, not cass but we all know wwe doesn't care what we like or not

i will admit that eva has come a long way since she debuted. she's still pretty bad, but she has a personality and i agree that becky's gonna be carrying the smackdown women's division, but shes one of the best on the whole roster, so she's perfectly able to do that, and i'm a fan of her

i love paige and she should have been on smackdown to let her personality shine. she was great as a heel in nxt when she first came up but shes got that veteran presence that the raw's women need, much like how smackdown has natty

Paige does have something of a vetran presence but she's also been on the main roster for only 2 years, and is younger than almost all of the women on the roster (if not all of them.)

Would make more sense to give her some space to shine, rather than coast.

6 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

thought atleast one old face was going to get drafted. Was hoping Kurt Angle, would have settled for Tajiri 

Yeah there were no surprise returns at all. Which makes me think they're saving them all for later. Was disappointing, because it was one of the things that got me excited for yesterday.

7 hours ago, shiznak said:

Cruiserweight division is on RAW, yet Kalisto and Tyler Breeze gets drafted to Smackdown......epic fail.

There's a couple of trades that need to be made. A couple of very obvious switches.

Probably won't happen though, lol.

11 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well Raw dominated that, was really hoping for Smackdown to get more talent to over take Raw, but it's Raw they can't allow that to happen.

But why create such a strong A show/B show dynamic right off the bat? It's possibly to create an underdog dynamic for the show, but almost all of the underdog wrestlers themselves ended up on Raw somehow anyways.

3 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

But why create such a strong A show/B show dynamic right off the bat? It's possibly to create an underdog dynamic for the show, but almost all of the underdog wrestlers themselves ended up on Raw somehow anyways.

The way I've been seeing it lately, they're trying to bring back an Attitude era 2.0 and it's kind of working, the promos are getting a little more serious hopefully they keep it going and up it more. Now with that said, I also feel they're trying to recreate a WWF vs WCW type feud again, but of course with just the WWE. I just don't think with the limited talent smackdown got it will be strong enough to over take Raw. Unless which I could see which would make the rivalry like the WWF vs WCW era, guys leave raw and sign with smackdown, or Shane goes and signs or brings back some greats to his roster.....

1 hour ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

They need to bring this back:

I think that is my favourite RAW theme.

RAW desperately needs a new one, as this "tonight is the night" one makes their a C show like Main Event's theme sound hyped in comparison.

I actually like Smackdown's current theme though. I don't want them to change that. They probably will, but I hope they don't.

16 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The way I've been seeing it lately, they're trying to bring back an Attitude era 2.0 and it's kind of working, the promos are getting a little more serious hopefully they keep it going and up it more. Now with that said, I also feel they're trying to recreate a WWF vs WCW type feud again, but of course with just the WWE. I just don't think with the limited talent smackdown got it will be strong enough to over take Raw. Unless which I could see which would make the rivalry like the WWF vs WCW era, guys leave raw and sign with smackdown, or Shane goes and signs or brings back some greats to his roster.....

I doubt they'll be able to do free agent signings and all like that though. Just more draft days down the road to poach from each other, as well as trades.

great week for nxt and the cruiserweight classic. the things tajiri can still do in his late 40's shows of the guy's conditioning and it really doesn't look like he's aged a lot over the past 10 years. the crowd was super into that match-- probably the best one of that round, but a nod to tj perkins. that was a great showing

austin aries is probably going to be a prominent figure on nxt going forward, which i have nothing against. when raw launches the the cruiserweight division, whoever the winner of the CWC is and they're announced the cruiserweight champion, a contract, whatever wwe wants to do, there will be a feud with austin aries ( you could even throw finn balor into that mix), as he would fit perfectly into that role to give the title credibility, as he can work with anyone

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

8 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

great week for nxt and the cruiserweight classic. the things tajiri can still do in his late 40's shows of the guy's conditioning and it really doesn't look like he's aged a lot over the past 10 years. the crowd was super into that match-- probably the best one of that round, but a nod to tj perkins. that was a great showing

austin aries is probably going to be a prominent figure on nxt going forward, which i have nothing against. when raw launches the the cruiserweight division, whoever the winner of the CWC is and they're announced the cruiserweight champion, a contract, whatever wwe wants to do, there will be a feud with austin aries ( you could even throw finn balor into that mix), as he would fit perfectly into that role to give the title credibility, as he can work with anyone

I'm thinking Tajiri is going to win. his contract with WWE lasts after the CWC 

8 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I'm thinking Tajiri is going to win. his contract with WWE lasts after the CWC 

I understand your thinking, but considering they are starting up a new cruiserweight division, and considering Kota Ibushi, Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, and Akira Tozawa have all been offered contracts, I expect it will be one of them that wins it to help push a new star - Tajiri doesn't need it, we all still love Tajiri, lol.

31 minutes ago, Chris said:

I understand your thinking, but considering they are starting up a new cruiserweight division, and considering Kota Ibushi, Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, and Akira Tozawa have all been offered contracts, I expect it will be one of them that wins it to help push a new star - Tajiri doesn't need it, we all still love Tajiri, lol.

Yeah lol I see tajiri making the final 4 but I think ibushi's winning the thing

29 minutes ago, Incursio said:

What do you guys think of the new Raw and SD logos? 

Raw-and-Smackdown-1.png

The raw logo is the dodge RAM logo? XD can't get over that upside down m. The smackdown logo is pretty dope