The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

I'm enjoying Smackdown a lot, outside of whatever they're doing to Bray. Miz, AJ, Alexa, and Heath are amazing. Dean seems to have turned it around after that underwhelming reign. Breezango should feature more often.

RAW is unwatchable to me. Every single division is thin, poorly booked, or both. Credit to Reigns though, he puts on good matches, and they're much easier to appreciate when he's not getting superman booking. Unpopular opinions but I don't care about Cesaro, and am starting to dislike Rollins.

6 hours ago, Madness said:

SD is more enjoyable than RAW. It just seems easier to watch. I PVR the shows weekly and watch em after or the next day so I can skip commercials. I've been watching a lot more SD than RAW. Been fast forwarding through a lot of RAW. So dull.

This went through my mind yesterday, I fast forward through all of Raw pretty much, and watch almost all of Smackdown. 

When this draft first happened I was rooting for SD, but felt Raw stole the draft with all the talent, because of its 3 hours and of course being Raw. First few weeks I felt Raw was doing good actually, thought they were doing better then SD. Ever since though, SD has been putting on the better show. 

The only negative I had from SD yesterday was, Daniel Brian and The Miz, Daniel is looking like a fool in promos with Miz not liking that. And the way Jack Swagger tried to be tough bad guy, but sucks on the mic. 

Although I do like SD more then Raw. I still believe that the best in the WWE right now is Kevin Owens. Haven't liked a guy like this since Stone Cold, I also mentioned on here a while ago I felt KO was the next Stone Cold, some were saying Ambrose. Ambrose is good and can lay a beat down, but he can't work the mic. KO on the other hand can lay a beat down, but most importantly can work the mic perfectly.

I love how Cena brought up Ambrose being called out by Stone Cold on the podcast, when Cena himself was also called out by Stone Cold when he was on the podcast for how bad his STF is. 

(Yet Cena laughed it off & continues to put that hold on in a way that is embarrassing to the history of the business) 

It was a 'great' promo though, I especially loved the part where Mr. Never Give Up himself explained the ending to his Summerslam match (post match) where he essentially symbolized throwing in the towel & giving up. (And then left for a bit, which also went unexplained. Probably because he "loves it here" as he's told us soooo many times) :rolleyes:

Edited by Smashian Kassian

I thought this last Raw was more entertaining than that Smackdown.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It was an hour too long, as it always is, but things like Jericho and Owens doing what they do was more more entertaining than Smackdown was. 

Reigns is more of a negative than Cena, but Cena being more heavily featured, kinda equalled them out them out for me.

At the very least Raw was a lot better than it was last week. God that was so bad, lol.

Smackdown isn't really doing anything too revolutionary, other than that they're following the heat to a more logical places. Not perfectly, but the WWE MO of going against the natural progression of things and fan desires isn't nearly as prominent.

All that said, Smackdown isn't doing much more than treading water when it comes to the product and keeping my interest. It's just kind of there. Raw is more boom or bust.

Aj is killing it, because he's AJ.

But The Miz is easily the second most interesting thing about the show for me, at the moment. I like his feud with Daniel. In that I like the passion it's bringing out of the Miz. The problem is that Daniel can't do anything about it, besides sending out someone else on his behalf, which will suck.

• Upvote 1

On September 12, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

styles as champ just means Cena is going to take it from him... 

I will be okay with Cena winning the belt from Styles if it meant Styles getting a lengthy title run and dropping it at WM 33. I know, this will mean Styles will lose twice in a row at WM, but hey at least he gets to main event it, which is another check mark off his wrestling career.

19 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

Aj is killing it, because he's AJ.

But The Miz is easily the second most interesting thing about the show for me, at the moment. I like his feud with Daniel. In that I like the passion it's bringing out of the Miz. The problem is that Daniel can't do anything about it, besides sending out someone else on his behalf, which will suck.

I agree I've been enjoying the show so much until this last episode. Miz has been awesome, easily 2nd best part as u say, he's like a throwback Ric Flair - esque heel. It sucked that he had to take the clean L to Cena, it made sense, but still sucked.

Finally after all these years seeing AJ in this spot has just been so enjoyable to watch, its like finally we get something we want, and him & Ambrose were on such a roll.

It just made Cena back in the mainevent so much worse than normal. Its like we are enjoying this rare moment in history that u never thought would happen, and here comes Cena getting in the way once again. (In my opinion)

Especially after AJ already survived a fued with him. The Ambrose/AJ stuff was awesome, I wish the WWE would just move Cena to RAW, his fans could enjoy him in a top role over there, and more importantly I could then enjoy AJ on Smackdown in peace.

I know I'm kind of the notorious Cena hater of the thread, but honestly putting that aside, is any of this realistically too much to ask?

See if it was me, I would have had Ambrose/AJ continue their fued, and have a double turn where Ambrose takes the title off AJ, then have AJ come back and win the title as a face in the big blowoff match at the next big 4 PPV.

Then for Mania, I would love to see AJ/Orton. I would have Orton even put over AJ as a legend in the making, and bring back the legend killer gimmick. And there's so many ways u could go on that as far as making it happen. 

Just imagine how great that could be, so much better than having to see Cena beat him. 

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I agree I've been enjoying the show so much until this last episode. Miz has been awesome, easily 2nd best part as u say, he's like a throwback Ric Flair - esque heel. It sucked that he had to take the clean L to Cena, it made sense, but still sucked.

Finally after all these years seeing AJ in this spot has just been so enjoyable to watch, its like finally we get something we want, and him & Ambrose were on such a roll.

It just made Cena back in the mainevent so much worse than normal. Its like we are enjoying this rare moment in history that u never thought would happen, and here comes Cena getting in the way once again. (In my opinion)

Especially after AJ already survived a fued with him. The Ambrose/AJ stuff was awesome, I wish the WWE would just move Cena to RAW, his fans could enjoy him in a top role over there, and more importantly I could then enjoy AJ on Smackdown in peace.

I know I'm kind of the notorious Cena hater of the thread, but honestly putting that aside, is any of this realistically too much to ask?

I really don't like Cena either, but he did just put over AJ clean. After which AJ won the championship. So there is that.

5 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Nice adjective.

Look at the adjective.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

that CWC show was insane

Was weird seeing TJ Perkins win. Wouldn't have guessed it at the beginning. This is obviously nothing like AJ Styles, but they did just hotshot this brand new title onto a recent TNA guy. Which is pretty cool. He was pretty far from the best they had though, in my mind. Though they had to give the title to someone that was contracted to feature on Raw, so they did. Which I guess is obviously fair play. Takes a bit of the bite out the tournament though, as awesome as it was.