The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

16 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

WWE announced the following today:

205 Live premieres Nov. 29 on WWE Network

STAMFORD, Conn. — A one-hour, in-ring program called 205 Live, showcasing WWE’s new Cruiserweight division, will premiere Tuesday, Nov. 29, at 10 p.m. ET, exclusively on WWE Network. The live weekly show will be called by Mauro Ranallo, the voice of SmackDown LIVE, and Corey Graves, color commentator for Monday Night Raw.

Coming off the success of WWE Network’s recent Cruiserweight Classic tournament and the formation of the new Cruiserweight division, which airs exclusively on Monday Night Raw, 205 Live will feature Superstars that are 205 pounds and under, including: new WWE Cruiserweight Champion The Brian Kendrick, as well as TJ Perkins, Rich Swann, Noam Dar, HoHo Lun, Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado, Gran Metallik, Tozawa, Jack Gallagher, Gurv Sihra and Harv Sihra.

“205 Live is a natural progression to showcase the depth of our roster,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “With world-class talent such as Brian Kendrick, TJ Perkins, and Rich Swann, 205 Live will be a must-see program on WWE Network.”

“With the addition of 205 Live to an already robust programming schedule, WWE continues to enhance the value of WWE Network for our subscribers,” said Michelle Wilson, WWE Chief Revenue & Marketing Officer. “We take pride in listening to our fans and delivering even more live, premium content that they are asking for.”

Looks like we may have seen the last of The Bollywood Boys.  Congrats are in order though!  They made the big show.

Why not set up an under 205 Tag division?

On another note, I think its time for me to take another break from pro wrestling....I took a break shortly after the last brand split too;

There is nothing new or interesting to be seen on either show right now and most of the match ups of any interest they have already done/teased over the last few months. I'm bored again. NXT hasn't been fantastic since Ryan Ward left. Just "Good"

I might stay tuned to NXT/The PPVs... but I don't know.

8 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

So I guess they're setting up a title swap at survivor series, with the ic title going to raw and the cruiserweight title going to smackdown. The cruiser weights needed to be on smackdown all along

It was beyond stupid to not have cruiserweights with Daniel Bryan's brand. Should be WWE/Cruiserweight on smackdown and Universal/Continental on raw. Ditch the stupid US title. It looks awful too.

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

So I guess they're setting up a title swap at survivor series, with the ic title going to raw and the cruiserweight title going to smackdown. The cruiser weights needed to be on smackdown all along

I wouldn't be super happy with SD losing the IC title

2 hours ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

If Raw loses the cruiserweight division, the 3 hours will be even more painful 

No it won't the Cruiserweights will just suck a little less, moving them to Smackdown is WWE's way of saying "We &^@#ed up, Here Smackdown, you guys try, but we need something back - So how about the IC Title?"

9 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

It doesn't make sense unless they're bringing superstars to Raw from SDL or unless SDL opens up the WWE World title to more talent than just Styles and Ambrose.

I'm not sure who else could be taken seriously in a title feud on SD besides Orton and Wyatt

3 hours ago, Chris said:

No it won't the Cruiserweights will just suck a little less, moving them to Smackdown is WWE's way of saying "We &^@#ed up, Here Smackdown, you guys try, but we need something back - So how about the IC Title?"

I mean that 3 hours of Raw is already boring, the cruiserweights make it a bit entertaining.

10 minutes ago, CaNuCkSLoUiE23 said:

I mean that 3 hours of Raw is already boring, the cruiserweights make it a bit entertaining.

Do they really though? The way they are presented is a watered down joke of what the CWC was, I haven't been entertained in the least bit and the whole run has reminded me why they scrapped the division in the WWE in the first place. If they don't have the freedom to go out there and put on the best match of the night, they'll never get over - and they are being treated EXACTLY the way the WWE Cruiserweight division was treated back in the day right before they killed it off the first time, and the fans are responding the same way; apathy.

Smackdown has managed to make everything they've touched entertaining, and if they are given the freedom to do what they need to; the Network Show and Daniel Bryan/Shane O Mac/Smackdown Live should give them the freedom they need to succeed. As it stands right now, RAW is awful, and a waste of a Monday Night to watch, and has been for weeks compared to what Smackdown, and NXT have been putting out.

Edited by Chris
Typo