The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

And besides the Baron Corbin thing, one even bigger mistake is Mike Bennett's usage. Mike Kanelis? Really?

The guy is like a better version of the Miz. In the ring, and as a character. Though he's supposed to be a more confident and masculine version of him. Not.... this.... whatever this mess is. It's like the opposite of what they should have done.

16 hours ago, TheHitman said:

Nia is reckless in the ring compared to Bayley/Sasha, if she was a better worker she'd already be champion. 

In all fairness Sasha is not the best example as she is also one of the most botch happy women in the division but she gets over because of her popularity. But this point is accurate. Wrestling is a scripted performance not that far off from theater. Nia isn't getting a main role yet because she's not a good performer yet.

44 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Just really wish Baron Corbin was not holding the Money in the Bank, lol.

I do agree on that. Something about him is just very lackluster to me even when he's crushing people with forklifts or assaulting them after the match. 

40 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

And besides the Baron Corbin thing, one even bigger mistake is Mike Bennett's usage. Mike Kanelis? Really?

The guy is like a better version of the Miz. In the ring, and as a character. Though he's supposed to be a more confident and masculine version of him. Not.... this.... whatever this mess is. It's like the opposite of what they should have done.

Also the Miz is the greatest of all time.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Baka said:

In all fairness Sasha is not the best example as she is also one of the most botch happy women in the division but she gets over because of her popularity. But this point is accurate. Wrestling is a scripted performance not that far off from theater. Nia isn't getting a main role yet because she's not a good performer yet.

I do agree on that. Something about him is just very lackluster to me even when he's crushing people with forklifts or assaulting them after the match. 

Iono... I just think she's not getting a main role because she doesn't fit the image. I hate to say it, but she's 240lbs, if this was real life, she'd hold the championship for 100 years. Image is everything for divas especially... you can't have a bray wyatt kinda character in the womens division

7 minutes ago, Baka said:

Also the Miz is the greatest of all time.

This x100 lol

5 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

IDK about that, Bennett's promos don't garner nearly as much heat. 

4 hours ago, apollo said:

Iono... I just think she's not getting a main role because she doesn't fit the image. I hate to say it, but she's 240lbs, if this was real life, she'd hold the championship for 100 years. Image is everything for divas especially... you can't have a bray wyatt kinda character in the womens division

This x100 lol

She does have a main role and is featured basically every week at least. Nia needs to get better otherwise she's going to end up like her cousin Tamina...

Vince might have already changed his mind about Baron Corbin winning MITB. He changes his mind about anyone/everything in a second. No wonder HHH is so frustrated as he builds everyone up in NXT only for Vince to ruin it all the hard work once they're on main roster.

Former WWE writer Kevin Eck, wrote an article yesterday, detailing his relationship with Vince McMahon. Eck said that Vince “constantly changed his mind” about wrestler call ups, match decisions, heel turns and title changes, even as close as 3 minutes before wrestlers were to have their match.

Eck also noted that McMahon might have already changed his mind about Baron Corbin winning Money in the Bank and his upcoming feud with Nakamura, could be over the briefcase.

On 2017-06-30 at 1:06 PM, fivethej said:

Vince might have already changed his mind about Baron Corbin winning MITB. He changes his mind about anyone/everything in a second. No wonder HHH is so frustrated as he builds everyone up in NXT only for Vince to ruin it all the hard work once they're on main roster.

Disappointing to see Vince still meddling with Smackdown. SD booking as of late has been shoddy.

On 7/2/2017 at 11:38 PM, fivethej said:

How am I just seeing this now. I had no idea Jericho was on HNIC.

Best HNIC intro, ever.

Thanks for sharing... I cant' believe I missed it too.

All I can say is.... GOAT! 

On 7/3/2017 at 1:50 AM, TheHitman said:

Not sure WWE even cares about Paige at this point.

They really should. She's such a great performer. Love her on total divas. 

On 29/06/2017 at 5:20 PM, TheHitman said:

IDK about that, Bennett's promos don't garner nearly as much heat. 

They were never intended to. Miz's stuff is just more old school. They're trying to do the same thing with Bennett with this whole act, creating a guy who is completely unlikable, but it's the wrong way to go.

Also, Slammiversary was a great PPV, for anyone who missed it. Easily my favourite non-NJPW one of the year. Felt like they began to miss a bunch of notes as week by week as they approached the show, but it all came together very well.

9 hours ago, apollo said:

Thanks for sharing... I cant' believe I missed it too.

All I can say is.... GOAT! 

They really should. She's such a great performer. Love her on total divas. 

She was at one point, but she got overused and most of her later run was boring at best.

1 hour ago, Grapefruits said:

I doubt they do.  Women's division is doing fine without her.  She would just be a distraction at this point. 

I don't even want to see her back tbh.