The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

53 minutes ago, Mikey2Dope said:

God I hope so. Unless they book him like they do Styles, WWE would wreck him and kill his love of wrestling within 6 months.

which they probably wont do. aj styles is a vet who makes everyone around him better and WWE, especially triple h knew that. no ones really ever heard of kenny omega until what, a few years ago? the casual wrestling fan is not watching new japan, they arent getting fight network, the app, all that junk, they're watching what's on tv, so kenny omega is only known in a very small circle of people

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

16 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

which they probably wont do. aj styles is a vet who makes everyone around him better and WWE, especially triple h knew that. no ones really ever heard of kenny omega until what, a few years ago? the casual wrestling fan is not watching new japan, they arent getting fight network, the app, all that junk, they're watching what's on tv, so kenny omega is only known in a very small circle of people

Idk man, Kenny is pretty popular with the casual fans. Plus, they have already featured him on the WWE site and on their youtube channel, in the past.

If all else fail, they could also always build him up to the WWE audience upon his debate.

3 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Chris Jericho & Neville have signed with All Elite Wrestling!

This is amazing! I feel we might finally have a real alternative to the garbage WWE puts out.

I feel that there's no chance in hell that Omega signs with WWE now.

I know Kenny has stated money isn’t everything to him, but if the WWE throws a butt load of cash at him. It’d be hard for him to turn it down. He said recently one of his life goals is to wrestle at Mania against AJ. There’s no better time now, while AJ can still wrestle at a high level.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Cody tells him to go out and “test the waters” in WWE. From my understanding Cody and the WWE, still have a good working relationships.

I just finished watching the AEW rally. Awesome!

Could really see this taking off if they take it slow and focus on wrestlers abilities to tell a story instead of some cheesy story lines put on them by management.  Looks like Kazarian wrestling in ECCW this weekend will still go on.

The owners do look to have deep pockets, they're going to need it.

16 hours ago, shiznak said:

I know Kenny has stated money isn’t everything to him, but if the WWE throws a butt load of cash at him. It’d be hard for him to turn it down. He said recently one of his life goals is to wrestle at Mania against AJ. There’s no better time now, while AJ can still wrestle at a high level.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Cody tells him to go out and “test the waters” in WWE. From my understanding Cody and the WWE, still have a good working relationships.

Those are some good points, but I just feel that he's not going to turn down an opportunity to try and change the wrestling world with his buddies. Khan has some very deep pockets and will probably be able to pay him quite well. 

Omega has always seemed to me to be a guy who craves creative control and being inventive. His style would be cramped in WWE and he would probably have to take it down 5 gears with the WWE style. I just cannot see him doing that.

10 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Those are some good points, but I just feel that he's not going to turn down an opportunity to try and change the wrestling world with his buddies. Khan has some very deep pockets and will probably be able to pay him quite well. 

Omega has always seemed to me to be a guy who craves creative control and being inventive. His style would be cramped in WWE and he would probably have to take it down 5 gears with the WWE style. I just cannot see him doing that.

I think at the end of the day, NJPW will cave and have a partnership with AEW, just so they can keep Omega. They really don’t want to lose him, and Kenny enjoys the Japanese culture too much to come back to NA permanently.

• Upvote 1

The Revival have requested their release:

Dave Meltzer has confirmed a major rumor that has been circulating over the past 48 hours, reporting in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that both Dash Walder and Scott Dawson of The Revival have asked for their release from WWE.

According to reports, the RAW Superstars asked officials to be released from their WWE contracts immediately after their tag team match against the Lucha House Party this past Monday night. As of this writing they are still with the company, and are not expected to be granted their release any time soon due to the rapidly rising levels of competition.

It’s almost a guarantee there would be immediate interest from AEW and obvious money in a long program with the Young Bucks. While less of a sure thing, ROH and Impact Wrestling would most likely offer them deals, and with their style, NJPW could be a great fit if there was interest from the company.

----------------------

I'm really hoping they leave and go to AEW or NJPW. They are criminally underused in WWE and should have been guaranteed a massive push after their matches with DIY on NXT.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...