The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

1 hour ago, Deemusalami said:

Wade Keller from PWTorch is reporting that Dean Ambrose is gone after wrestlemania. I usually take these reports with a grain of salt, but if true, that’s pretty crazy. 

Wonder what Renee Young's future with the WWE when Dean Ambrose leaves?

The Seth/Ambrose feud potentially could have been one of the greatest feuds of this era. Dean turning on Seth, on the same night Roman announce he was battling leukaemia was shear brilliance. It all just went downhill for Dean after his vaccinated skit and when he called himself the moral compass of the WWE. That just made him look out to be a comedic heel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 2:57 AM, Grapefruits said:

Anyone here play WWE2K19 for PS4?

Can you still take wrestlers and play in a story mode?

yeah its a solid game. Universe mode is super advanced and is really hard to manage(which is good for hardcore fans), and career mode is apparently one long story mode with a pretty good storyline

• Upvote 2

Man, I feel like they kind of wasted this one last shield moment/run, when they could have done something bigger and special at Wresltemania, with Dean rumoured to be leaving. 

Something similar with Benoit and Eddie embrace each other with emotions at WM 20.

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Man, I feel like they kind of wasted this one last shield moment/run, when they could have done something bigger and special at Wresltemania, with Dean rumoured to be leaving. 

Something similar with Benoit and Eddie embrace each other with emotions at WM 20.

knowing the dean ambrose character and possibly the guy behind it, he don't show emotions so i could see that not working. he just comes off as someone who just wants to keep to himself and keep a straight face. creative knows that they arent getting their version of a human being out of the guy so they do what they can. thats just how i see it

listening to the bruce prichard show from the beginning and getting to know how he thinks, creative probably had no plans at all to reunite the shield and with dean probably leaving, they threw their arms up and was like **** it we'll just ride his time out. enter bruce, who understands what the old man wants, threw this thing together because its better to have one last run, than have no run at all and leaving money on the table. it also protects roman on his first match back. the shield sells itself but lashley, corbin and macintyre vs 3 random babyfaces dont. the way they built the show around getting them back together was good and dean being conflicted was good. the 3 guys executed a thrown together storyline well enough that got the fans in to it

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

22 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

knowing the dean ambrose character and possibly the guy behind it, he don't show emotions so i could see that not working. he just comes off as someone who just wants to keep to himself and keep a straight face. creative knows that they arent getting their version of a human being out of the guy so they do what they can. thats just how i see it

listening to the bruce prichard show from the beginning and getting to know how he thinks, creative probably had no plans at all to reunite the shield and with dean probably leaving, they threw their arms up and was like **** it we'll just ride his time out. enter bruce, who understands what the old man wants, threw this thing together because its better to have one last run, than have no run at all and leaving money on the table. it also protects roman on his first match back. the shield sells itself but lashley, corbin and macintyre vs 3 random babyfaces dont. the way they built the show around getting them back together was good and dean being conflicted was good. the 3 guys executed a thrown together storyline well enough that got the fans in to it

I don’t know, he felt pretty emotional when Roman announce he was stepping away due to leukaemia.

It doesn’t have to be an emotional celebration, rather one last shield pose to close out WM. If you think about it; it has come full circles for them as their first WM was at MetLife stadium and now their last moment together as the Shield is at MetLife.

They could have have kept Dean away from the Seth storyline and save Roman’s return (even if he’s in remission) until after WM. They could have played it out as Seth overcoming the beast, but the price he paid for it was not having his brothers there to celebrate with him, with Dean turning on him and Roman battling leukaemia. Then, you could have Roman (with his shield gear) come out from the crowd, on one side and Dean (without his since he destroyed it) on the other, holding a shield vest for Seth to put on. Seth becomes tentative, after what went through between him and Dean and decide to decline it, only to give it to Ambrose to keep as a momento of where he came from. Bang Shield pose, and everybody goes home happy.

The King is dead, long live the King

King Kong Bundy passes away at 61 yrs old.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/more-sports/wwe-star-king-kong-bundy-dead-at-61/ar-BBUooFB?ocid=spartandhp

"

Peter Sblendorio
3 hrs ago

a person posing for a picture© Copeland, Cathy /

King Kong Bundy, the iconic WWE star who towered over opponents with his 6-foot-4, 458-pound frame, has died at 61.

A cause of death for the wrestler — real name Christopher Pallies — has not been revealed. His passing was reported Tuesday by WWE.

Bundy first starred in WWE during the 1980s, earning a reputation for having officials count to five — rather than the standard three — when he had his competitor pinned.

He competed for the heavyweight title in 1986 against Hulk Hogan in 1986 at Wrestlemania, a match that took place in a steel cage and was ultimately won by Hogan.

Bundy hailed from Atlantic City and earned the nickname the “walking condominium” during his career.

After leaving the WWE in the late 1980s, Bundy returned in 1994, before leaving again in 1995.

A tweet from Bundy’s account shared Monday night said he was planning to attend WrestleCon next month in New York, where he was slated to sign autographs and take photos with fans.

His death was mourned by others in the wrestling community, including promoter David Herro.

“Today we lost a Legend of a performer and someone that I considered family,” Herro tweeted. “@RealKKBundy Rest In Peace my friend. Thank you for believing in me. #KingKongBundy.”