The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

CM Punk’s deal is exclusively with Fox, not the WWE. The WWE has no control of what he does or say on the show.

He can technically be apart of the show and still sign with AEW/ROH/NJPW.

Edited by shiznak
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/13/2019 at 5:15 PM, shiznak said:

CM Punk’s deal is exclusively with Fox, not the WWE. The WWE has no control of what he does or say on the show.

He can technically be apart of the show and still sign with AEW/ROH/NJPW.

Technically, but it definitely won't happen with AEW, especially after the two sides butted heads supposedly a few months ago when AEW tried to sign him. Cody didn't sound pleased at all on how CM Punk handle it by the sounds, which doesn't surprise me Punk is a Punk.

• 2 weeks later...

Friday Night Smackdown finally coming to Vancouver!

Sale Dates and Times:

Public Onsale : Fri, 13 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM

Presales : Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM

Official Platinum Presale : Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM

Official Platinum : Fri, 13 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/friday-night-smackdown-vancouver-british-columbia-02-14-2020/event/11005776B49249F6?irgwc=1&clickid=w9NznUTuQxyJTvXwUx0Mo34QUkn35bTaEXuCz40&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_253158&impradid=253158&REFERRAL_ID=tmfeedbuyat253158&wt.mc_id=aff_BUYAT_253158&utm_source=253158-Facebook-%20TM&impradname=Facebook-%20TM&utm_medium=affiliate

Edited by Grapefruits
  • Cheers 1

On 12/4/2019 at 6:08 PM, Grapefruits said:

Friday Night Smackdown finally coming to Vancouver!

Sale Dates and Times:

Public Onsale : Fri, 13 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM

Presales : Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM

Official Platinum Presale : Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM

Official Platinum : Fri, 13 Dec 2019 at 10:00 AM

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/friday-night-smackdown-vancouver-british-columbia-02-14-2020/event/11005776B49249F6?irgwc=1&clickid=w9NznUTuQxyJTvXwUx0Mo34QUkn35bTaEXuCz40&camefrom=CFC_BUYAT_253158&impradid=253158&REFERRAL_ID=tmfeedbuyat253158&wt.mc_id=aff_BUYAT_253158&utm_source=253158-Facebook-%20TM&impradname=Facebook-%20TM&utm_medium=affiliate

Love it! Finally a televised show.

The production at those house shows is just silly, especially when you're used to watching main shows on TV with proper production. 

Valentines day... Terrible day but whatever it's an early start! 

On 12/9/2019 at 5:18 PM, apollo said:

Love it! Finally a televised show.

The production at those house shows is just silly, especially when you're used to watching main shows on TV with proper production. 

Valentines day... Terrible day but whatever it's an early start! 

You said it. Finally!!

It's about time.  GF is a wrestling fan so it works for us.  Could see it being a tough sell for some.  Took her to an ASW show years ago, then ECCW.  Hooked ever since.  Even have her following AEW.

Picked up my tickets earlier during presale.  At about 10:15 even.  Decent tickets.

Still hoping for a Wrestlemania in Vancouver one day.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

You said it. Finally!!

It's about time.  GF is a wrestling fan so it works for us.  Could see it being a tough sell for some.  Took her to an ASW show years ago, then ECCW.  Hooked ever since.  Even have her following AEW.

Picked up my tickets earlier during presale.  At about 10:15 even.  Decent tickets.

Still hoping for a Wrestlemania in Vancouver one day.

Anyway I could access the pre-sale too? 

Wrestlemania in Vancouver would be epic. I could see it happening in the next 20 years. 

Not necessarily because we have the most wrestling fans, because the DT core surrounding our arena has a very low %, but because the city would be a destination. 

Sell out BC Place... 70-80k capacity? EPIC! 

1 hour ago, apollo said:

Wrestlemania in Vancouver would be epic. I could see it happening in the next 20 years. 

Not necessarily because we have the most wrestling fans, because the DT core surrounding our arena has a very low %, but because the city would be a destination. 

use code WWEFAN

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, apollo said:

Presale codes:

wwefan

hive

wwelive

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm far more into New Japan and AEW these days than I am WWE, but I follow the 'E enough (still going to Smackdown in a few weeks because hell yeah bucket list) but I'm sure as $&!# pumped that one of my absolute favorites IS BACK BABY. Please Lord, show up in Vancouver and I'll mark out so hard.

• Like 1

Never really like Edge because of the whole Hardy debacle, but I still marked out for his return. You can tell how emotional he was on the look on his face when he got that pop. To go through a life threatening injury, work his butt off, and prove to all the doctors that he could overcome the neck issues. That I can applaud and respect. 

• Cheers 1

On 1/30/2020 at 5:34 AM, shiznak said:

Never really like Edge because of the whole Hardy debacle, but I still marked out for his return. You can tell how emotional he was on the look on his face when he got that pop. To go through a life threatening injury, work his butt off, and prove to all the doctors that he could overcome the neck issues. That I can applaud and respect. 

I marked out hard.  Edge retiring was rough because I legit followed his career.  From driving across frozen lakes in Ontario on the indy circuit to WWE is what makes me a wrestling fan.

No different than watching the Bollywood Boys or Kyle O'Reilly. Or even El P make it.

I marked out hard for this one when Kyle came back from ROH to win the belt:

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TheRick said:

Anyone going to the Smackdown show tonight? I heard that Hulk Hogan is going to appear on Smackdown tonight but don't know if he is actually going to appear live at Rogers Arena or appear via satellite? 

I went.  Not gonna lie, kinda boring. 3 matches and a bunch of useless fluff. Heard about Hogan before the show at the sports bar in Rogers.  Was disappointed when I found out it was a satellite interview.

I was there. Overall the show wasn’t all that great, but the crowd was hot the entire night and nearly sold out the arena. Which couldn’t be said for other US cities they go to for TV events. 

Here’s hoping for more WWE TV events or a PPV.

• Cheers 1