The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

14 hours ago, shiznak said:

I was there. Overall the show wasn’t all that great, but the crowd was hot the entire night and nearly sold out the arena. Which couldn’t be said for other US cities they go to for TV events. 

Here’s hoping for more WWE TV events or a PPV.

Hopefully we get a RAW in the near future.  No reason they shouldn't come back with the amount of tickets they sold.

18 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Good god that was boring. I fell asleep and if I hadn’t fallen into my buddy’s shoulder I probably would’ve slept all the way from the dumb Elias cesaro skit to the fiend dark match 

That dark match really annoyed me.  Only reason I sat through 205 live was for that match.  While it was nice to see The Singh Brothers (Bollywood Boys in ECCW) the rest was just painful.  All for a 5 minute dark match. 

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, I’m not surprised. Really there’s no one to blame but ourselves, who watches the WWE for nostalgic reasoning. Every time someone like Goldberg, Brock, Cena, Edge, etc returns on the broadcast, the viewership spike during that segment. They’re the main attractions of the company and we will continue to tune in for them because they only show up once a blue moon. 

Vince buries the Fiend in 2 mins. Lol.

Revolution was fantastic though.

Bucks vs Omega and Page was fantastic.

Mox is Champ!

MJF is a great heel (btw Codys tattoo is awful)

NXT and AEW are the both great products.

Edited by Madness

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 4:28 PM, shiznak said:

Damn, Vince is too stubborn to postpone or cancel WM. Instead they will do the entire show at the Performance Center, with no crowd.

The excitement just isn't there with no crowd... I simply couldn't get into it. 

On 3/18/2020 at 7:48 PM, apollo said:

The excitement just isn't there with no crowd... I simply couldn't get into it. 

1 hour ago, Grapefruits said:

Yeah, it's really weird with no crowd.  Hard to get into.  Though AEW managed to pull it off.

Well, the WM crowd is usually dead by the fourth hour, anyway. So it wouldn’t really make that much of a difference. 

Now it’s being reported that WM is going to be a two night event, in two different locations (PC and MSG). Honestly, this is the best decision Vince has made in a long time. WM should always be a big weekend event, especially now with how the roster is. Trying to fit everyone in one 6 hours (8 hours if you include the pre-show) event is tiresome to those who attend. No one wants to sit/stand that long. 

They should just have Takeover on Wednesday, the HoF ceremony on Friday and WM split between Saturday and Sunday (3 hours each).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So I was reluctant to watch mania... Thought the no crowd aspect of it would ruin it but I was wrong. They put on a great show in such difficult times. Kudos to all the performers that put together this show for us. 

I just finished day one and I can say with confidence that it's worth watching. I believe since it's not live they edited it a little better than usual. 

Alexa + Cross vs Kabuki warriors was one of the best women's matches ever. Loved that it was long and the girls got to display all their skill. 

The man vs shayna was incredible again... WWE womens division has come a long way. 

Kevin Owen's is goat. Diving from the top of the mania sign through the table was epic. I think he's one of the best performers all time. 

Other matches all pretty good... Definitely skipped through some but watched all endings. Will watch day two later 

Undertaker match, his entrance music was terrible. I wish they did his "rolling" theme from limp bizkit... Especially given the outfit he's wearing. Aside from that his match was great. 

Edited by apollo

Under these unfortunate circumstances. I thought WM was pretty solid. Rhea and Charlotte was probably the MOTN(s), while the Boneyard and Firefly Fun House match were surprisingly entertaining in different ways.

This was probably the best WM since 31.

Edited by shiznak

Wow, WWE cleaning house today: 

Releases so far:

Rusev
No Way Jose
Zack Ryder
Maria Kanellis
Mike Kanellis
Rowan
Sarah Logan
Mike Chioda (referee)
Primo
Epico
Billy Kidman (producer)
Pat Buck (producer)
Shawn Daivari (producer)
Scott Armstrong (producer)
Sarah Stock (producer)
Heath Slater
Kurt Angle (producer)
Shane Helms (producer)
Dave Finlay (producer)
Lance Storm (producer)
Mike Rotunda (producer)
Aiden English
Eric Young
Drake Maverick
Curt Hawkins
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
EC3
Lio Rush

Would love to see Gallows, Anderson, EC3 w/ Drake Maverick and Rusev in AEW.

Wouldn't mind if they signed Slater, Hawkins & Ryder for AEW: Dark.

6 hours ago, Mikey2Dope said:

Wow, WWE cleaning house today: 

Releases so far:

Rusev
No Way Jose
Zack Ryder
Maria Kanellis
Mike Kanellis
Rowan
Sarah Logan
Mike Chioda (referee)
Primo
Epico
Billy Kidman (producer)
Pat Buck (producer)
Shawn Daivari (producer)
Scott Armstrong (producer)
Sarah Stock (producer)
Heath Slater
Kurt Angle (producer)
Shane Helms (producer)
Dave Finlay (producer)
Lance Storm (producer)
Mike Rotunda (producer)
Aiden English
Eric Young
Drake Maverick
Curt Hawkins
Karl Anderson
Luke Gallows
EC3
Lio Rush

Would love to see Gallows, Anderson, EC3 w/ Drake Maverick and Rusev in AEW.

Wouldn't mind if they signed Slater, Hawkins & Ryder for AEW: Dark.

HOLY F!

I read about a couple but that's insane.  Though not totally expected.  The WWE must be losing hard financially. Wrestlemania must have been a massive loss.

I bet this is only the start.  I'm sure AEW isn't doing all that much better financially.

I'm sure a lot of them will be re hired after this Corona thing is over. 

If they do it like this, then the US gov will aid them and give them additional incentives to rehire. 

I think it's just a financial move to make sure they take advantage of the $ gov will have available. 

• 1 month later...

AEW Double or Nothing was an incredibly solid show last night. That Stadium Stampede match was spectacular and everything that I wanted that match to be. Sammy Guevara, MJF and Jungle Boy are going to be stars for a long, long time to come.