The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks assign Steven Anthony, Prab Rai, Adam Polasek, and Joe Cannata to ECHL.

CanuckRow

Cannata is going to the ECHL to play.

With Lack as starter in the AHL, then Climie as the back-up.... Cannata would've been sitting there doing nothing.

ECHL will allow him to be the starter, then when the lockout is over, and the eventual Luongo deal is done. Lack will move to back-up of the Canucks, and Cannata will then come up to the AHL to take the job from Climie.

Cannata is going to the ECHL to play.

With Lack as starter in the AHL, then Climie as the back-up.... Cannata would've been sitting there doing nothing.

ECHL will allow him to be the starter, then when the lockout is over, and the eventual Luongo deal is done. Lack will move to back-up of the Canucks, and Cannata will then come up to the AHL to take the job from Climie.

Cannata probably is too good to be in the ECHL, but he gets to be a starter rather than play behind Lack,I'm not surprised Rai and Anthony were sent down....They kinda suck. But Polasek I thought had a good chance to be noteworthy player for the Wolves. I guess he got caught in the numbers game with guys like Tanev, Connauton, Sauve, Joslin, Mullen, Andersson, etc.

The lockout obviously makes alot less spots available. Guys like Kassian, Schroeder, Tanev, and possibly even Connauton will most likely be with the Canucks, if and when the season starts.

So that would open up two spots on defense for Polasek to come back, and two spots on forward for Anthony and whoever else to come back.

It will be good to get Andersson some games in the AHL though. And Cannata should do well in the ECHL. I personally think he's too good for that league, but that's what comes with not having full control over your farm team.

This is the reason why the Aquilini's need to get on with purchasing the Heat.

Really only surprised about Polasek, but that's a numbers game. Joslin and Mullen had a good preseason. Tanev and Connauton were locks, and Sauve and Andersson were the other competition.

As has been said, Cannata will get the starting gig in the ECHL rather than warm the bench most nights, and Rai was just another center we had better of. Anthony needed to make a significant step along with Archibald to earn a spot with the lockout as well, so much of this was an expected move.

Archived