The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can someone tell me what this is?

Haikara

So I woke up this morning at 7:30 am to loud and constant rumbling outside my house. Having had a house built across the street for the past month, I was somewhat used to noises early in the morning, but this time it was much louder. I look outside and see guys from Pacific Cutting and Coring 'power-washing' something off the driveway of my next-door neighbour.

The thing they are 'washing / scrubbing' off looks like the file I attached. (A 3x3 square grid, with a scissor symbol in one of the squares) It was drawn yesterday during the day, I presume by the construction workers across the street.

So many questions...

Why did they use spray paint? Why did they draw it there? Why are they washing it so early in the morning?

Anyone know what this is? Am I being trolled? I just want to sleep :sadno:

post-55150-0-81281900-1349882152_thumb.j

post-55150-0-81281900-1349882152_thumb.j

they use spray paint so it doesn't get removed by accident, they drew it there because that's where it needed to be, they are washing it at that time because that's when they started work, i don't know what it is, I don't think you are being trolled.

they use spray paint so it doesn't get removed by accident, they drew it there because that's where it needed to be, they are washing it at that time because that's when they started work, i don't know what it is, I don't think you are being trolled.

Maybe some kids spray painted the driveway as a prank. They are just removing it.

Having been in the construction business I am very familiar with kids doing this kind of stuff. Especially when a new driveway goes in and the cement hasn't dried. If there is no security guard neighborhood kids usually scribble their name or symbols into the newly poured cement. It cost my friend $4 k just a couple of months ago to re do his driveway and the sidewalk the day after a cement pour.

Maybe some kids spray painted the driveway as a prank. They are just removing it.

Having been in the construction business I am very familiar with kids doing this kind of stuff. Especially when a new driveway goes in and the cement hasn't dried. If there is no security guard neighborhood kids usually scribble their name or symbols into the newly poured cement. It cost my friend $4 k just a couple of months ago to re do his driveway and the sidewalk the day after a cement pour.

I assume they were not power washing as you suspect but were using one of these. It's a concrete saw that used water to keep the blade cool.

Concrete-Saw-Cutting.gif

The 3x3 grid you describe is to indicate 8 cuts that will be made, four perpendicular to four. The scissor indicates the cutting.

The noise as you describe was a vibration through the ground and could not have been made by a power washer, even an industrial one.

Most likely they were looking for access to a water shutoff.

I assume they were not power washing as you suspect but were using one of these. It's a concrete saw that used water to keep the blade cool.

Concrete-Saw-Cutting.gif

The 3x3 grid you describe is to indicate 8 cuts that will be made, four perpendicular to four. The scissor indicates the cutting.

The noise as you describe was a vibration through the ground and could not have been made by a power washer, even an industrial one.

Most likely they were looking for access to a water shutoff.

Archived