The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RANT] People who find stuff and don't return it

Dazzle

I've had 2 of my iPod's stolen/not returned.

My first one was taken after it fell out of my jacket while watching a school basketball game. I was new at the school and was told the name of the person who took it. I had no idea who the person was, but they were not going to give it back. Apparently they smashed the screen, cleared everything on it and continued using it just so there was no way I could prove it was mine.

I lost my second one last year at my current school. This one, I'm not so sure about. Either it fell out of my pocket while I was getting out of my car, or it was this sketchy guy walking behind me who picked it out of my pocket. Even if it did fall out of my pocket, no one bothered returning it. If it was the sketchy guy who picked it from my pocket, he's a complete dick. My jacket was stupidly made which made my iPod stick out of my pockets. I never bothered confronting him, so I guess it's my fault at the end.

As rattled as I was to lose both of them, they were both my fault. Losing an iPod won't ruin my entire life.  

I'll probably get a new iPod at the end of this month anyways lol.

Losing it on the bus is one thing. There is not a lot you can do except be more careful next time.

Here is another poor situation. Before Mom died last Christmas season, she was in the palliative care unit in Nanaimo. She had a small laptop with her with all the pictures of us and her grandkids on it. Someone walked into the unit and stole the laptop while she has getting a treatment. People who steal like that should rot in hell.

The way I see it. YOU lost them. Now you want who ever found them to advertise them to get them back to YOU? Get over yourself pal. Life goes on.

When I lose something I pretty much count it as a loss and if the item gets retrned, great. If not I am the one who lost it, so I deal with it.

I remember when I was about 12 and I bussed up to my local mall to spend the $20 I was given for my birthday from a friend. I was so proud of my purchases, a bargain bin movie and a book that I had wanted for awhile, I had just gotten off the bus when I realized I didn't have the bag. As I was getting off, I noticed the guy sitting next to me shot me a very furtive look and took something off the seat where I was sitting. I didn't think anything of it until I got off the bus. Phoned lost and found and nothing showed up.

How do people lose their belongings so easily..headphones, wallets etc..do you put it on the seat next to you when you sit down or something?...I just keep whatever i need immediately in my pockets and make sure their ALWAYS zipped..rest i toss in my bag that's always around my shoulder..easy.

How do people lose their belongings so easily..headphones, wallets etc..do you put it on the seat next to you when you sit down or something?...I just keep whatever i need immediately in my pockets and make sure their ALWAYS zipped..rest i toss in my bag that's always around my shoulder..easy.

Slightly drifting away from the main topic, but I've never really seen the point in really expensive headphones. I mean, it's completely up to you what you spend your money on, and if you want to spend it on headphones, then cool. I don't have a problem with it.

But $400? Really? Surely the difference in quality can't be worth that much?

The place I work has a retail counter and we get an amazing amount of items just left on the counter or on the floor. If its car keys they come back in a minute and get them back and if its a wallet or anything with ID in it we track them down but once it was $700 in a plain silver money clip left on the floor. That sat locked in our safe for a full year without anyone coming for it.

But then we also once had a customer prepay for a set of 4 authentic shelby knock off wheels, at over $2500 EACH and when we called that they were in a couple weeks later we left message after message and eventually the number was no longer in service. Things happen.

Archived