The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Darren Haydar named captain of the Chicao Wolves

mrsasaki

So what's the deal with Haydar? I don't get a chance to see many Wolves games - but his numbers seem impressive, and clearly he's looked on as a leader. As a free agent, why would the Canucks not throw him an offer for a few callups? He's only played 23 NHl games, has 8 points in them. So not great, not terrible.

I'm just genuinely asking what his deal is? Is he a perennial AHL player that can do amazing there and just can't translate to the higher league?

So what's the deal with Haydar? I don't get a chance to see many Wolves games - but his numbers seem impressive, and clearly he's looked on as a leader. As a free agent, why would the Canucks not throw him an offer for a few callups? He's only played 23 NHl games, has 8 points in them. So not great, not terrible.

I'm just genuinely asking what his deal is? Is he a perennial AHL player that can do amazing there and just can't translate to the higher league?

Not to mention he has that disadvantage of being small. So scouts and such will look the other way because of that regardless of what he does. It's happened before. It even happened with St.Louis. Difference being he got the opportunity to play and ran away with it.

But 61 points in 41 games during his draft year? Teams should be all over that. But no, he went in the 9th round instead. I bet you it was partially due to his size.

Haydar is like a single version of the Sedins in Chicago. The fans love him and he is the epitome of Community minded. He does loads for charities and has the respect of all the other players...........It seems a logical choice to me. He is "Mr Chicago Wolves."

Archived