The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van-Col Van-Fla Van-Det

To Van:

Cameron Gaunce, Stefan Elliott

To Col:

Mason Raymond, Sauve

Why:

Col: Col needs a Left winger Mason raymond would be a 1st or second line left winger on their team.

Van: Raymond needs a change in location and getting a young offensive D like Stefan Elliott from Col would be perfect in case we do lose Edler. (bonus that Elliott is from Vancouver BC and would also have the Gaunce brothers)

To Van:

Bjugstad, 3rd (2013)

To Florida:

Luongo, Gordon

Why:

Florida: Florida does really want Luongo. If any one can mold Markstrom into a great goaltender it is Luongo (look at Schnieder). Florida doesn't want to give up a prospect but in the end they will have to and this is the guy MG wants.

Van: Simply put we need a big tough third line center who will eventually over take H. Sedin and Kesler Bjugstad can for sure be that guy.

To Van:

Tomas Tatar,Tomas Jurco

To Det:

Edler, Steven Anthony, Fla 3rd (2013)

Why:

Det: Detroit needs a new franchise defencemen and I believe they are giving Edler a very hard look. now I know his value is dropped because he will be a UFA next year but i believe the season will start by January and Det will want the negotiation rights so they can ink him long term for what ever it take. That being said Edler oes not come cheap and will cost you in young talent. They have always been a defensive first team so i believe giving up these two young guys would not be the end of the world for them.

Van:

It really looks like Edler wants more money than MG is willing to give, so we might as well get a return that can help our future. Tatar has shown great skill and will turn out to be a great player. Same with Jurco, he has the skill type of a Paval Datsyuk. Will he ever be as talented? most likely not but i don`t know if we`ll ever see some one quite like Datsyuk.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Jensen

Higgins Schroeder Kassian

Malhotra Lappy Hansen

Hamuis Bieksa

Elliott Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Schnieder

Lack

Future Fowards

Jensen Bjugstad Kassian

Tatar Schroeder Jurco

Mallet Gaunce Grenier

Beattie Schneider Archibald

Elliott Tanev

Connauton Corrado

Gaunce Mcnally

Lack

Cannata

lol just for fun

To Van:

Cameron Gaunce, Stefan Elliott

To Col:

Mason Raymond, Sauve

Why:

Col: Col needs a Left winger Mason raymond would be a 1st or second line left winger on their team.

Van: Raymond needs a change in location and getting a young offensive D like Stefan Elliott from Col would be perfect in case we do lose Edler. (bonus that Elliott is from Vancouver BC and would also have the Gaunce brothers)

Why this won't happen: Colorado already has two left wingers much better than Raymond in David Jones and Landeskog. Colorado has no use for Raymond (like every other team in the NHL)

To Van:

Bjugstad, 3rd (2013)

To Florida:

Luongo, Gordon

Why:

Florida: Florida does really want Luongo. If any one can mold Markstrom into a great goaltender it is Luongo (look at Schnieder). Florida doesn't want to give up a prospect but in the end they will have to and this is the guy MG wants.

Van: Simply put we need a big tough third line center who will eventually over take H. Sedin and Kesler Bjugstad can for sure be that guy.

Why this won't happen: Vancouver is taking no money back in this trade which they will have to if they want to trade Luongo fo Florida. Right now, Florida holds all of the cards because that's the only place Luongo waived his NTC to go to so they aren't going to trade one of their best prospects. Florida also doesn't NEED Luongo. They did fine without him last season and if the price gets any higher, they'll just walk away.

To Van:

Tomas Tatar,Tomas Jurco

To Det:

Edler, Steven Anthony, Fla 3rd (2013)

Why:

Det: Detroit needs a new franchise defencemen and I believe they are giving Edler a very hard look. now I know his value is dropped because he will be a UFA next year but i believe the season will start by January and Det will want the negotiation rights so they can ink him long term for what ever it take. That being said Edler oes not come cheap and will cost you in young talent. They have always been a defensive first team so i believe giving up these two young guys would not be the end of the world for them.

Van:

It really looks like Edler wants more money than MG is willing to give, so we might as well get a return that can help our future. Tatar has shown great skill and will turn out to be a great player. Same with Jurco, he has the skill type of a Paval Datsyuk. Will he ever be as talented? most likely not but i don`t know if we`ll ever see some one quite like Datsyuk.

Why this won't happen: Edler is out with a buldging disk. No team is going to trade for a player who is injured and on the last year of his contract.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Jensen

Higgins Schroeder Kassian

Malhotra Lappy Hansen

Hamuis Bieksa

Elliott Garisson

Ballard Tanev

Schnieder

Lack

Future Fowards

Jensen Bjugstad Kassian

Tatar Schroeder Jurco

Mallet Gaunce Grenier

Beattie Schneider Archibald

Elliott Tanev

Connauton Corrado

Gaunce Mcnally

Lack

Cannata

lol just for fun

Didn't even bother reading the last 2 trades after seeing how unrealistic the Colorado trade was. Colorado has a ton of guys like him, and in no way need to trade a great young offensive defenseman on a team sorely lacking points from the backend

The first two deals are no-brainers from a Canuck perspective. Why is why the other teams wouldn't do them. Colorado has a glut of forwards. They don't need Raymond and would rather keep their promising blueliners. Florida honestly doesn't need a goalie and probably don't want to trade their 2nd best prospect for Luongo.

The only way I see the Edler deal happening is at the deadline and we for sure know he won't resign. And still I'd prefer to upgrade to Nyquist + Jurco + Oulette/Sproul. We need Edler. We have no suitable top-four replacement. He is our most easily talented defenseman and not easily replaceable. I've said it before but I'll say it again. We can't trade Edler unless we get a suitable defenseman in return.

Archived