The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Harper Prepares to Hand the Keys to the Vault Over to China (merged)

Caught wind of this during the attempted emergency debate. I can't believe Harper views this as a viable policy towards growth. It essentially gives foreign companies sovereignty over Canadian natural resource deposits. I don't care where the article is from, facts are facts. God damn why couldn't you people just vote Ignatieff?

The issue isn't really trade with China, it's about Harpers attempt to sneak this behind our backs(again) without debate. The agreement itself is highly unpalitable. If you feel this is in the best interest of Canada and the means justifies the end then carry on. If you think it's important to keep tabs on our elected officials, hold them to account and some semblance of conducting our affairs democratically then by all means speak out.

China is doing this all over the world. Similar to how Dubai Ports has dominated the port business.

I am laughing at all the people back home who say they love Obama, but decry this sale to China. Obama's administration banned the pipeline down to Texas. If that pipeline was allowed to have been built, then this would have never happened. Nexen would have never had the incentive to sell to the Chinese, nor would the Prime Minister have agreed.

China is doing this all over the world. Similar to how Dubai Ports has dominated the port business.

I am laughing at all the people back home who say they love Obama, but decry this sale to China. Obama's administration banned the pipeline down to Texas. If that pipeline was allowed to have been built, then this would have never happened. Nexen would have never had the incentive to sell to the Chinese, nor would the Prime Minister have agreed.

Caught wind of this during the attempted emergency debate. I can't believe Harper views this as a viable policy towards growth. It essentially gives foreign companies sovereignty over Canadian natural resource deposits. I don't care where the article is from, facts are facts. God damn why couldn't you people just vote Ignatieff?

Archived