The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Clarke McArthur

Do you guys he would be a good fit in our top 6 on a line with Kes and Booth? He's a pretty versatile guy, can get gritty when needed. He can also play center. Hes easily capable of 20 goals, maybe could push for more. What if a Luongo trade went like:

To Toronto: Luongo maybe a pick...maybe Raymond :P

To Vancouver: McArthur, Franson, lower-end prospect

Sign Arnott

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - McArthur/Higgins

Hansen - Arnott - Higgins/McArthur

Some combination of Kassian, Volpatti, Weise, Malhotra, Pinnizotto, Lapierre, Ebbett.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Combination of Tanev/Ballard/Franson

He is sort of like another Higgins with marginally better offensive skills but a bit less defensive minded. He would be a good pick-up for sure but probably not a difference maker. I think he would make our top 6. He is a pending free agent though.

To Toronto

Luongo

To Vancouver

MacArthur

Colborne

?

Clarke MacArthur saw his production decline from his career-high of 63 points in 2010-11 to 43 points in 73 games last season. There are several reasons for that and not all of them were in his control. The most obvious was Nikolai Kulemin’s decline and the adverse effect on MacArthur’s own production – particularly 20 less assists. MacArthur assisted on 17 of Kulemin’s goals in 2010-11, but last season Kulemin only found the back of the net a total of seven times. The 27-year-olds early season rhythm was also disrupted when he was forced to miss the Leafs’ final preseason game and first two regular season contests due to a suspension. The former Sabres and Thrashers forward also had a series of minor injuries that caused him to miss games throughout the season. His power-play ice time also dipped from by an average of 55 seconds per game from 2010-11 to last season, corresponding with a shedding of 10 power-play points from his 2010-11 total of 19. When it came to scoring goals, MacArthur went through hot-and-cold streaks and that was partially the result of him displaying less consistency when it came to entering prime scoring areas and maintaining positioning there. He’s much stronger than his mid-size frame shows but needs to show more aggressiveness in the opposition’s zone, while maintaining focus, which isn’t always evident. The Lloydminster-native is a smart, imaginative winger that brings a blend of finesse and physicality to the ice. He’s capable of protecting the puck and can work in traffic. MacArthur is one of the players the Leafs will look to for secondary scoring in 2012-13.

Franson was a RFA, he's signed to a 1 year contract in Europe. I don't see why MG would trade for him.

Edit: Actually re checked. If he wants to return to NHL when new CBA is signed he can negotiate a deal with the Leafs, Franson apparently has an out clause.

I like McArthur, he's way better than Raymond, but i agree with the other guy, i think he would be a more effective on the 3rd line with Hansen instead of a top 6 role.

Luongo + Raymond + Schroeder

for

McArthur + 1st + Biggs would good.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Hansen - - McArthur

Mallet - Lappiere - Weise

I like McArthur, he's way better than Raymond, but i agree with the other guy, i think he would be a more effective on the 3rd line with Hansen instead of a top 6 role.

Luongo + Raymond + Schroeder

for

McArthur + 1st + Biggs would good.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Hansen - - McArthur

Mallet - Lappiere - Weise

Yeah but he still isn't a top line center for them, I would say he is there 3rd (behind Kessel and Lupul). They have him on the 2nd line right now, so maybe we could get him then a prospect or something, just him as a main piece, Bozak had 50 points, so he could step up into that role, plus will Carlye's new system maybe they will want, bigger guy on that 2nd line.

Kessel plays wing, They plan on trying JVR at C position. So yeah, maybe Grabo could be on the block because they have Lupul, JVR and Bozak at C but I highly doubt it.

Under Carlyle Grabo was bumped up to the 1st line. Leafs/Carlyle love his work ethic and style of play. Carlyle has a history with Lupul, it's not a good one. I think Carlyle would fight to keep Grabo and trade Lupul.

But if we get Grabo where does he fit in our lineup? 3rd line C at $5.5 mill?

Bozak, Franson and Kadri for Lu + Raymond makes more sense to me. But no doubt Grabo is an excellent player.

Yeah, I disagree. I don't think Grabo will be traded for Luongo.

He's their Kesler. The whole organisation loves him, including the new coach and he's huge in the locker room. Grabo's work ethic is second to none on that team.

We'll see what happens. I think it will be more like Bozak, Colborne/Kadri plus Franson for Lu, MayRay and we take some salary in a guy like Lombardi.

Dyu really see T.O. trading a centre, other than Tim Connolly whom I am sure they wish to dump?

This is the crux of the problem Toronto has. They need a guy like Luongo; but they really don't have positions where they honestly have depth they can afford to loose. Maybe on D if Morgan Rielly is ready? B Burke sure talked him up at the draft ("we would have taken him first overall"). They probably have not made a trade yet, because they need some prospects to emerge allowing Burkie and the boys to move someone on.

Archived