The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brazilian woman auctions off virginity for $780,000

vancanfan

952259-virgin-auction.jpg

Sold! A young girl's virginity. The price? A staggering $780,000.

That's the sum a Japanese bidder was willing to pay in order to initiate 20-year-old Brazilian student Catarina Migliorini into the world of coital relations.

Migliorini had submitted herself — along with sexy photos — to an online auction site called Virgins Wanted. As you can probably imagine, all items on the block involve one very specific thing.

As the New York Daily News reports, the auction is actually more of a publicity stunt to promote a documentary by the same name. Virgins Wanted is the brainchild of Australian filmmaker Justin Sisley, who will film Migliorini before and after the deed.

And though his stunt efforts are impressive, the Brazilian woman upped the ante by claiming she would donate 90 per cent of her earnings to build homes for impoverished families in her home state.

"The auction is just business, I'm a romantic girl at heart and believe in love. But this will make a big difference to my area," Migliorini tells Brazil's Folha newspaper.

"If you only do it once in your life then you are not a prostitute, just like if you take one amazing photograph it does not automatically make you a photographer," she adds.

The physical education student will fly to meet her "date" — a man who only identifies himself as "Natsu."

Natsu will have to submit to a series of STD tests before the encounter can proceed. Other stipulations include the compulsory use of condoms and a ban on sex toys.

In the name of equal opportunity, Virgins Wanted also features a male virgin up for sale — although the $3,000 offered to Alexander seems rather paltry in comparison.

The outrage expressed in forums over this story suggests that many consider the commodification of virginity to be a disturbing trend.

And a trend it unfortunately is: The Frisky compiled a list of other young women who have tried to peddle their untouched ladywares for cash. Reasons given include everything from paying off college tuition to angling for celebrity status.

Others argue that we all have the right to do whatever we like with our bodies, and point to the fact that Migliorini will be employing hers for the greater good of her community.

Yet Sisley suggests she may have a different motive.

"I was surprised she said that because in all my dealings with her, she made it clear that it was a business decision for her," he tells the Huffington Post.

"Now, given how big this story is in Brazil, she's trapped. If she doesn't give any money to charity, she's going to look bad."

Ouch.

as a Brazilian Citizen I just have one thing to say about this "girl"

this is not a prostitute, a bich or even a whore. it´s something soo nasty that there´s no words in english to describe what me and many other Brazilian citizens (men and women) are felling when we see on every website a "girl" selling her "virginity"...

the only adequate word in Portuguese is soo ofensive that I will not "say" it here...

really. this is why the Brazilian girls are seen as prostitutes when they travel out of Brazil!

cmom! we have very smart women here, our president is a woman (at least looks like one), many federal judges here are women, women that can deport any "smart" tourist and send them to our very "polite and friendly" Federal Police (Policia Federal) (really, they´re not friendly at all...)

sell your body for no reason is stupid. sometimes I understand why girls do this, because they have kids or because her life was unlucky but even them deserve respect...

but this "creature" is not wellcomed here! and her state/provice is populated with the biggest germany population/colony outside Europe, simply 95% of people living in Santa Catarina have at least a father/mother/grandparents from Germany, it´s the only state in Brazil where you learn Germany on schools and not Spanish...

considering these facts I´m pretty sure that the Germanies of SC (Santa Catarina) are not happy!

sell your body and never come back! you...

Archived