The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brazilian woman auctions off virginity for $780,000

vancanfan

yeah Kurtis. you understand what I´m talking about. and your girlfriend will confirm that many girls don´t do this because they want, it´s because they have to do. many of them live in Northeast region living in poor conditions, with no help from the government. it´s do this or die...

but it´s tourist fault too! if they stop doing "sexual tourism" this thing will stop!

wanna visit Brazil/Brasil? welcome! visit Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Brasilia (our capital), Manaus and Belém (???? hot!), São Luis, Recife, Fortaleza, Salvador, Florianopolis and Porto Alegre. see, taste our many diferent foods, see our weather changinf from the ???? hot in the jungle to the cold weather in the south. try speak portuguese (it´s hard), drive here (and go nuts). it´s an open country, friendly and Canadians are very welcomed. and if you have an Argentinian VISA go by car to Buenos Aires and discover the south america...

but. sexual tourism not! our Federal Police is becoming extremely severe with this thing!

just for curiosity Kurtis. where did your girlfriend came from in Brasil? what city?

dude. I´m not mad about what she did with her body, it´s her ugly body and she does what he wants...but the consequences, the stereotype...when a Brazilian men goes overseas it´s a Brazilian men goins overseas, a tourist, it´s a guy who will spend 2000 dollars on best buy in one day, a student, a professional, a politic (unfortunately our politics return to Brasil)but when a Brazilian woman goes overseas it´s diferent. it´s a not a Brazilian woman going overseas as a tourist,as a student or as a professional. no. other countries see Brazilian women as prostitutes...and happen many times, once in France when a French Policemen arrested a woman from Brasil accusing her of prostitution, but that woman was a federal court judge! 3 months later the same policemen came to Brasil for tourism, and our "super friendly" Federal Police was waiting for him. he stayed less than 25 minutes in Brazilian soil...when I lived in USA I saw what many americans think about Canada. "canadians live in Igloos and eat maple syrup always", or "they say "eh!" all the time"but Canadians don´t live in Igloos and they don´t say "eh!". actualy Canada is more organised than USA...the stereotype is the danger, our woman are punished by what many girls like this one do. if she want sell her pu$¨%¨she should do without be in every newspaper worldwide...if the government legalize the prostitution this girl would never receive that money. she is the ugliest girl in SC (probably), in South Region of Brazil you can find girls that even in Sweden you will not find as beautiful as here. is a mixture between europeans and brasilians it´s a wonderfull result. considering the conservative opinion of our media I´m pretty sure that her money will not be accepted here. who the hell will show on TV "your money was donated by a girl who sold her pu$%¨& for charity..."really. no one here will accept...we have 3 Formula-1 champions here, 1 INDY series champion, EMBRAER, soccer team. their image is much better than a girl who sold her body for what? really. no. even the government will not accept...and of course I´m mad, her state is next to my state. the "jokes" are just starting between neightbours...

The thing is, if she really wanted to make a difference and "charity" is her excuse, there are obviously better ways. (EDIT: in re-reading, it appears the charity aspect of things was an afterthought and it is a publicity based stunt...for lack of better wording).

Young girls/women in underprivileged countries are often exploited and would be killed for much lesser actions. This act supports the idea that women are mere objects, to be bought and sold, and that doesn't help the many young women subjected to this mentality.

So BS to the veil of righteousness of donating the money....it's a publicity stunt in any case and to throw money at a charity in making it "ok" isn't.

Sure, there countries that have much more relaxed ideas about sex and prostitution and two consenting adults are free to do what they like behind closed doors. But, in advertising things like this, it sends the wrong message...both to young girls AND the dirty rich pigs who'll sleep with them in my opinion.

I like the idea that girls value their bodies as something special, not to be auctioned off. But maybe I'm an old fashioned prude and the rest of the world knows something I don't.

The thing is, if she really wanted to make a difference and "charity" is her excuse, there are obviously better ways. (EDIT: in re-reading, it appears the charity aspect of things was an afterthought and it is a publicity based stunt...for lack of better wording).

Young girls/women in underprivileged countries are often exploited and would be killed for much lesser actions. This act supports the idea that women are mere objects, to be bought and sold, and that doesn't help the many young women subjected to this mentality.

So BS to the veil of righteousness of donating the money....it's a publicity stunt in any case and to throw money at a charity in making it "ok" isn't.

Sure, there countries that have much more relaxed ideas about sex and prostitution and two consenting adults are free to do what they like behind closed doors. But, in advertising things like this, it sends the wrong message...both to young girls AND the dirty rich pigs who'll sleep with them in my opinion.

I like the idea that girls value their bodies as something special, not to be auctioned off. But maybe I'm an old fashioned prude and the rest of the world knows something I don't.

Archived