The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teen Tweets ‘I Give Up’ Before Jumping In Front of Subway Train

nux4lyfe

Bullying is, quite literally, just being mean. Nobody in their right mind kills themself because of bullying. There is almost always something else wrong and more often than not that something is mental illness. There's a reason that it tends to beyoung people who kill themselves due to bullying: they lack the maturity and life experience to cope with things that are difficult.

Life is mean no matter what age you are. You need to learn to take criticism and abuse and stick up for yourself. It isn't just at school that people will be insensitive, it can be family and friends and co-workers. These kids shouldn't be looked at as martyrs; they're sad statistics.

So no, bullies shouldn't be charged with murder. Being mean isn't a crime and it shouldn't be a crime. Assaulting someone is a crime, threatening someone is a crime, telling someone to kill themselves is a crime, but making fun of someone isn't.

Believe what you want but to me you sound as someone who can only paint others with their own brush.

Even your rephrase states she should expect to deserve ridicule, not even she should expect to receive it. My guess would be you still really haven't come to terms with your bullying, your being bullied, or societies need to call it when we see it and stamp it out.

Alright, so maybe her actions weren't "guided by depression" as you say. I can concede that may be true. It's not stated in the article. To understand why she committed suicide, however, you have to think that she was not in a good frame of mind. Depression is usually a good cause for that.

What I can say for sure, is that from your posts it's quite evident that you have no idea what depression is all about, and likely bullying either. And yes, for the record, I do know what depression is all about, because I've "been there".

I don't really think I need to do much to show that you're just a dick. You do quite a good job of it yourself.

When people say the media glorifies something, they usually mean that it's inherently glorified simply by being discussed so thoroughly. Putting the suicide case's name in lights across a screen, or in print in headlines, for days, sometimes weeks on end, is what is viewed as "glorifying"

Where were this girls friends ? Why did no one stand up for her ? Why does no one step up for some one being bullied ? I am disgusted with humanity. I never let crap like this happen around me and all my friends know it . I would not and will not tolerate bullying and if i see it in front of me i say something right then and there or I smash the FRAk out of the loser or losers doing it. Yes I have been in a lot of fights and many times people backed me up when they saw what was happening. Mostly though people are weak as hell and have no self respect or the courage to stand up to POS like these guys. Seriously everyone needs to grow a set and stand up for yourself your friends and fellow man woman and child ! Stop this Frakken madness. These wastes of human skin will get what is coming. Karma is a bitch !

Just yesterday I was at friends apartment, his girl stepped out to take the dogs for a stroll around the lake. We heard Rocky barking and took a look out the window. This guy with his golden lab off leash strolled by and clearly said something to her. When she got back in from the walk i asked what the guy had said to her. She told us this guy walked by and said " Nice hat Bitch !" Rocky a small Pomeranian barked again and the guy said "oh no it is going to attack" sarcastically and called her a bitch again ??? As she kept walking another girl passed by walking her dog and asked if that guy had said anything to her ? She replied yes and the other girl said he was very derogatory to her as well. WTF is wrong with people these days ? I can guarantee you if I see this guy again I will not hesitate to pummel him and ask him who the bitch is now ?

Who needs media references? How about the fact the media hasn't come out and stated that suicide isn't the answer. Instead they are basically condoning it by making them martyrs. Through social media Amanda Todd has been made a hero of almost star status. For someone who is extremely depressed and feels alone, it makes the attention they may get in death something worth while to them.

Archived