The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal)Adding depth to D and experience

Tanev's solid in his own end, though he's not big; at most I would trade Ballard (if anyone wants to take him) for either a pick or directly for Cody Franson (not Jovo), since Toronto didn't seem intent on bringing him back and using him well (sounds like Keith's situation to me) --> he's young, got size, puck-moving ability, a good shot (wrist and slap) and can lay out his fair share of hits.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Franson

(I don't know if either Cody or Chris plays on the left side, and the Alex - Jason pairing is made up of two left-side defensemen, so ORIGINALLY I thought it would be better to get some balance to have the two lefties play on their natural sides and the right handed players playing on the right; Jason would've been able to cover Cody on the back end if he made mistakes and Alex would be the offensive one to Chris' sound plays and playmaking).

Tanev's solid in his own end, though he's not big; at most I would trade Ballard (if anyone wants to take him) for either a pick or directly for Cody Franson (not Jovo), since Toronto didn't seem intent on bringing him back and using him well (sounds like Keith's situation to me) --> he's young, got size, puck-moving ability, a good shot (wrist and slap) and can lay out his fair share of hits.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Franson (only doing this so each pairing has one defensive stop and one RH D-man, instead of Alex and Jason)

Edler - Tanev

Archived