The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ask A Hotel Employee Something!

The Hornet

Are you supposed to take the soaps/shampoos/etc that are in the bathroom when you leave? Do you replace them regardless? My mother has always seen it as a horrible, ill-mannered thing to do :lol:

Do you guys clean the showers every day? Do you recommend guests wearing flip flops in the shower?

Is it common for you to see men bringing in mistresses? Now I don't mean guys hooking up with random females and/or prostitutes, I'm talking about men who you can tell are somewhat well-off, have a family but have someone on the side.

Wanna go to a hotel with me and we can spend the night together? We can ask which things we're allowed to take home in the morning if you're still curious about it... :bigblush:

Are you supposed to take the soaps/shampoos/etc that are in the bathroom when you leave? Do you replace them regardless? My mother has always seen it as a horrible, ill-mannered thing to do :lol:

Do you guys clean the showers every day? Do you recommend guests wearing flip flops in the shower?

Is it common for you to see men bringing in mistresses? Now I don't mean guys hooking up with random females and/or prostitutes, I'm talking about men who you can tell are somewhat well-off, have a family but have someone on the side.

How romantic.

We literally have a room that is full of thousands of bottles of shampoos and soaps. Whenever the rooms get cleaned, the soaps and shampoos get re-filled. (for long staying guests too) It is in no way an ill-mannered thing to take them with you. (A good alternative would be to bring them home with you, and include them in an Operation Christmas Child shoebox.)

Showers are cleaned daily as a part of the daily cleaning routine, unless the guest asks us to not clean it.

The most common one I get when I answer the phone tends to be: "Send help, I'm out of Toilet paper!"

The funniest one I got was a woman called the hotel from our parking lot, asking for help because she locked herself in her rental car, and couldn't unlock the door to get out. She was a crying and screaming mess by the time i got to her, and told her to pull up on the little plastic stick on her door.

Another strange one I had was someone asked me if they were able to drink the tap water... from the sound of their voice, they were from India and it was their first time to Canada. I know when you think about it, it would be a good question for them to ask, but I laughed all day because of that. I mean, we live in Canada!

Archived